Moment by Moment by Patti Hamil

Hello everyone!

 It's Patti here, and this is my first post with Couture Creations. I was so excited to be chosen as part of this team and couldn't wait to get started with the awesome products. I created a page of my sweet little cousin smelling of a Spring gardenia bloom. I wanted a lot of texture on the page, and wanted to use a bright Spring color palette.




I used the 18mmx4m foam mounting tape to mount my photos to give some dimension to the project. This really pops in person! I attached the ribbon and photo mats using the 12mmx50m double sided tape.

I used white cardstock for my base I wanted a quilted look so  I used the Elegance Collection Large Damask Flourish and Confetti folders and embossed a piece of the same white cardstock. I embossed 2 pieces with each folder. I then inked the pieces with pink, green and blue ink. After that I cut them into 2" squares. I then made the pattern alternating the colors. I also used the Large Damask Flourish folder and embossed 2 mats for my photos. I didn't ink those, I just left them white to show the detail.



I used the Daisy Nesting Dies to make 2 different type of gardenia blooms, you can see both in the photo below. I used Glitzin Glamour in gold in the centers of a couple and then used the smallest paper blooms for the other centers. I used the 2 next to smallest sizes for the blooms.


Here is a close-up of both types. I just hand cut the little leaves from some green cardstock and inked them.

I used a pink  marker to do some "faux" stitching around the mats and journaling spots. The wording is just some older rub-ons that I had in my stash.




I added a scallop border of pink and white with 2 sizes of the Scallop Oval Nesting Dies cut in half. I placed them beside my tri-colored ribbon. I then placed the self adhesive pearls in pink blush in the center of each scallop.


This is another close-up showing the blooms and leaves. These blooms were really easy and turned out pretty good! I'm not great at making my own blooms, but these dies work wonderfully!


I hope you enjoyed my post and I hope you check back regularly to see what great projects the design team has in store for you!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Couture Creations products used:
Nesting Dies Daisy CO723217
Nesting Dies Scallop Oval CO723045
Embossing Folder Elegance Collection, Large Damask Flourish  CO723449
Embossing Folder Elegance Collection, Extra Confetti CO723446
Self Adhesive pearls pink blush CO721997
Sponge dabbers CO723061
Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue, Gold CO721976
Foam Mounting tape 18mmx4m CO721963
Double sided tape 12mmx50m CO721984
Sharp Point Scissors CO721956
Cutting Mat CO721957

 
 

You May Also Like

12 comments

Popular Posts