Great Fubu Arch by Dana Tatar



Hi Couture Creations fans! Dana Tatar here today sharing my last post as part of the Couture Creations Design Team. I've had a fantastic time creating with this talented group of artists over the past year and I've really enjoyed sharing my work! I used the beautiful Great Fubu Embossing Folder from the NEW Marriot Collection on this arch.

If you've never created an arch, I warn you now that they are addicting! Arch cards are a fun alternative to the artist trading card. An arch can be any size or shape, but must be created on an arch-style base. I used an Arabian-style chipboard arch as the base for this piece.


I primed the arch with gesso and then added a thin layer of molding paste.


I then opened the Great Fubu Embossing Folder and, while the molding paste was still wet, pressed the back side (raised design) of the folder onto the arch. I set the arch aside to dry overnight. Note: Clean the embossing folder immediately after use with molding paste!


I misted the arch with several shades of yellow and green spray and dried it using a heat gun.


I highlighted the debossed design with black mist. I liberally sprayed the arch with black ink and then rested the arch against the upright spray bottle to encourage the excess mist to run off. Tip: Lightly spray the arch with water the help remove more of the black mist.


I dried the arch again using a heat gun and then applied gold and orange highlights to select areas.


I used dimensional paint to accent the debossed design.


I finished this arch by adding ribbon, flowers, a sentiment sticker, purple dimensional paint (not shown) and a light coat of shimmery mist (not shown).



Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
Couture Creations Supplies:
 
https://www.facebook.com/couture.creations.aus
 





You May Also Like

7 comments

Popular Posts