Playing with Texture by Jowilna Nolte

#couturecreationsaus

I can hardly believe time has flown by so quickly - but am delighted to be on the blog once again!
Todays post is all about combining die-cuts out of different materials and adding some mixed media to it as well. What started off as a mess and took hours to dry in the end turned out to be a fun experiment in texture and pattern.

I started off by cutting the lace Tied Together | CO723249 die out of a sheet of old book paper, as well as a sheet of double sided cardstock. For the old book paper cut i used my scissors to cut a piece out of the center and threw the frame portion

I then added some Gesso to another sheet of old book paper and adhere the cardstock cut to the top of that.

I then adhered the cut portion of book paper Lace die on top of the colored cardstock die slightly off-set. I added some sewing and also a focal point to the front of my card using the 1950’s Albert & Simonetta | CO723719 die.
 

I embossed the 1950's die-cut in sparkle black embossing powder for a silhouette look.
 I adhered them to the front of my card and added a simple stamped sentiment. some sewing around the edges finishes off my vintage looking 1950's card.

After I had all my die-cut lace pieces done, I was left with loads of diamond shaped pieces - and because something can't be wasted I started on another project. I simply added a thick layer of gesso to a scrap piece of cardstock and then started placing the diamond pieces randomly into the gesso.

Now it's just a matter of waiting for it to dry and then I can add some more creative bits for another card with gorgeous dimension.

Couture Creations Products used:




 Happy cutting until next time! remember to visit and like us on Facebook - and keep an eye out for new and exciting releases coming soon!




You May Also Like

7 comments

Popular Posts