Shaker Cards with Amanda Baldwin

#couturecreationsaus

Welcome back everyone!

Amanda here today, sharing with you a cool technique that is so on trend,
Shaker Cards!!!
 

I know, soooo much fun here!

You may have seen this Christmas card that I created for Issue 5 of Creative Inspirations Magazine, using the Merry Little Christmas Intricutz Die: Christmas Stocking.....


I created ‘negative space’ with my die to create ‘windows’ for my patterned paper.
Today I am using that same technique to create this fun Christmas Shaker Card!

Here’s how…..
1. Using your new Couture Creations Trimmer, prepare your white cardstock
-8 x 6”, score & fold in half.
- 3 ¾ x 5 ¾” & adhere to cardstock, as shown. 





3. Select your Couture Creations die; I used the Christmas Stocking. (It’s a great fit lengthwise & it’s also a bit of fun - perfect for a shaker card!) Fold your card so that the patterned paper is facing down onto the die, and the back of the card is tucked under the die & run it through your die-cutting machine a few times. Re-position die and repeat, as shown.

4. Place a handful of sequins into a glassine (or cello) bag, seal and attach to inner side of card.


5. Add a sentiment & some of those fabulous gemstones to embellish!


Shake and enjoy!!!!


Such a simple technique, but what a great effect!
(& your children will love making & shaking these cards too!)

Thanks for visiting, I hope I have inspired you to give shaker cards a go!
For more crafty ideas, please visit my blog,









You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts