2015 Design Team Introducing Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

#couturecreationsaus



Well, hello there! My name is Julianne McKenna-De Lumen (otherwise known as the Bling Princess) and I am so honoured and excited to become a part of this amazing design team. I am definitely looking forward to sharing my creativity with you all. 
I reside in Mount Barker with one very tolerant and understanding husband, two daughters, who fortunately love being in front of the camera, one rabbit, and eight cats (yes, you read that right - 8 cats). I have been scrapping for approximately 9 years, and have been fortunate enough to participate in many different design teams.  
When scrapping, I am usually inspired by the products and the moment, rather than a specific style. I guess you could say, I go with the flow. I enjoy creating mixed media projects (especially canvases), off the page projects, layouts, tags, and mini-albums. 
My weakness is colour - and lots of it. I am drawn to bright, bold colours that make a statement. My other weakness is anything that sparkles or shines (that's the reason my friends call me the Bling Princess!). And I've got to add flowers to my projects, otherwise I feel as if they are "unfinished". I guess that's the girly, feminine side of me shining through! 
Apart from being a scrapbook addict, I will also admit to being a Pinterest addict, Mama-razzi photographer, organising Diva, and an insatiable bookworm. 
 
 
Photobucket



The big day has finally arrived - my first ever post for Couture Creations. 
Can you tell I am excited???
I thought I would start with a sweet little card, that could be used for a variety of occasions.  


 "A Little Birdie Told Me..."
I love that I can use this card for so many different occasions - Engagement Announcement, Pregnancy Announcement, Graduation, Work Promotion, New House, and the list goes on. And because of the simplicity of this card, you can create it in a variety of colour schemes. 
How convenient is that?


You might want to gather a few of these supplies - 3D foam mini dots (or foam strips), some glitter glue, and a whole lot of rhinestones! You can match your rhinestones to whatever papers or colours you choose for your card. 


To start with, cut a piece of cream cardstock to 6x6. 
Next, choose three contrasting papers from the Vintage Rose 6x6 paper pad. 
Cut one piece of paper slightly smaller than the cardstock (5.5 x 5.5).
Cut the second piece of paper smaller (5x5). 
Finally, from the third piece, cut four of the Jocund Julie die. 


Next step: Choose a coordinating ink colour, and ink all the edges of the papers and die cuts


Next Step: Using a contrasting paper colour, cut the Lecturn & Bird die 


Next Step: Print the phrase : a little birdie told me" on to some cream cardstock. Cut into strips, as shown in the image.


Next Step: Add foam dots to the back of the four Jocund Julie die cuts and adhere to the page. 
Add rhinestones to the cross points in the die cuts (as shown in the image).
(Lay the Lecturn & Bird die cut and phrase on the page so you can identify where things need to go).

Final Step: Outline each of the word strips with a black pen, and adhere to the card.
Add foam dots or strips to the back of the bird die, and adhere to the card.
Finish by adding glitter glue to the bird, green rhinestones to the curled ends of the stand, and rhinestone corner frames to the outer corners of the card.
Thank-you for joining me today, and I hope you enjoyed my project.
Couture Creations Materials:
CO724062 Vintage Rose Garden Paper Pad 6x6
CO724303 Amaryllis Ornamental Lace Die, Jocund Julie
CO724274 Kalini Decorative Die, Lecturn & Bird
CO721971 Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue Crystalina
CO721988 Gemstones  - Sparkling Champagne
CO724158 2MM Gemstones - Golden Touch
CO724154 2MM Gemstones - Celadon
CO723781 3D Foam Adhesive - Foam Mini Dots
CO723899 3D Foam Adhesive - Foam Strips
 
 
Please make sure you add your email address to get the latest newsletters.

Don't forget to like us on FACEBOOK
for all the latest updates from Couture Creations.

Thanks for joining us today, 
and don't forget to enter our fabulous  
GIVEAWAY



Cheers Julianne xx:)







You May Also Like

12 comments

Popular Posts