So Happy in Love by Kerrie Gurney

#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts


Hi Everyone, Kerrie here

I am so excited to share my layout with you all today for two reasons one is it is created with the gorgeous Ultimate Crafts Magnolia Lane collection and two I am super excited for my gorgeous niece as she and her amazing boyfriend are now engaged to be married!!!
James took Rebecca to Cancun Mexico and proposed to her on the beach, how romantic is that, he is definitely a keeper!!!
I am just so very happy for them both and wish both James and Rebecca a lifetime of happiness together.


onto my tutorial


I started off by embossing a strip of ivory cardstock using the Petite Tied Together Embossing Folder, I love this folder as it is a cute version of the best selling Tied Together folder, so perfect for this collection


remember all Couture Creations and Ultimate Crafts embossing folders have the slot in the top so you can emboss long strips ...you just slide the strip through and line up the pattern
TIP; make sure the edge of the folder is over the edge of the acrylic plate so you don't get a flat spot.


one perfectly embossed strip


next I tore a piece of the Elegant Lady patterned paper and distressed the other 3 edges


I then tore another piece from the Poetical Labels patterned paper again distressing the edges
and layered them onto a sheet of Ivory cardstock


 I then cut some pieces to use as layers I have even used the back of the barcode strip to add a layer
I also used a sheet of Timeless Garden patterned paper from the 6x6 pad as a mat for my photos and I left the white strip on as it adds a big more interest to the layers
I have distressed all the edges of all pieces


I die cut a heart from denim cardstock and popped it in behind my layers
 I then popped on my photos


added some embellishments from the Magnolia Lane Ephemera pack and a trinket
I used the Typography 6x6 paper to create my title along with some wood veneer words from my stash.
I created a journal tag which is slipped behind the photo, I added a diecut butterfly with some foam tape and tied some lace onto a paperclip to use as a tab to pull the journaling tag out


I also raised the magnolia die cuts using foam tape to give dome dimension to my layout and I added the strip from the 6x6 Typography paper for a but more detail


add a sprinkling of 3mm pearls


 add some sparkle with Crystalina Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue





Products Used

 Thanks for stopping by
Don't forget to follow the Couture Creations Blog and also follow Couture Creations on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter


 Happy Creating 








You May Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts