#artdecocreations #couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts
Kerrie here with a layout I created for a class I taught last month using Ultimate Crafts Ooh La La Collection
I had so many beautiful photos of my niece with us all at her baby shower and I really didn't want to leave any out. It is not often we get to catch up especially as my niece lives in Dubai.
So I Created a photo flap to hold all the photos
Lift the photo flaps to reveal more photos. I would have preferred to mount the two middle photos but I was restricted to keeping to the products in the kit. I will probably pull them off and mount them.
1. Mix Gold Pigment into Embossing Paste and mix together, then using pallet knife or lifting tool spread paste randomly over Studded Quatrefoil Stencil (Tip; I cut the ends off my stencil so that I could join the pattern)
2. Sprinkle on Gold Glitter and set aside to dry
3. Cut a piece from Kahlua Cardstock 28cm x 24cm and fold in half with to create a piece 28cm x 12cm this will be used as your photo flap. Cut from remaining 6.5cm strip 2 x 12cm pieces and keep the end piece you will create tags from all 3 pieces
4. Cut from Wrapped with Gold 1 x 27.5cm x 11.5cm, 1 x 30cm x 2.5cm and 2 x 10cm x 12cm
5. Cut from Florals in Chocolate 1 x 30cm x 9cm and 2 x 11cm x 9cm
6. Distress and Ink the Edges of all pieces. (You can choose to keep the middle section pieces as one piece and place onto layout and cut later or cut into two before layering onto page)
7. Layer all pieces onto base cardstock as per photo, making sure to add diecut pieces between layers on photo flap
8. Add lace trim, gold cotton and ornate diecut pieces
9. Pluck the centre from one of the Magnolia Lane flowers to create two different size flowers, ink all flowers and give a spritz of water to blend the ink
10. Ink Muslin using Brown Ink Pad and spritz with water to soften colour
11. Create pennant pieces from scrap pieces and diecuts
12. Create a faux bow with Gold Cotton and adhere to journaling Tag
13. Add flower cluster tucking is pieces of Muslin and Gold Cotton to add softness to cluster and some pearls to flower center and top of journaling tag
14. Finish off with a line border using a black gel pen
here is a closer look at some of the details including the cluster which also doubles as the tag lift.
It was such a beautiful location and so lovely to get to spend time with my family at such a special time for my niece.
I created these bonus two tags with the left overs. Tags or Cards are a fabulous way to use up your left over scraps rather than throwing them out or having them sit around in a box.
Use Ooh La La Calvin’s Quatrefoil Embossing Folder, scraps of patterned paper, the barcode strip from your layout, some Diecut Ephemera Sentiments, Magnolia Flower, Muslin, Twine, Sequins and Pearls to create these embossed tags, which you can either pop onto a layout or on a card front as a quick embellishment.
Photo sizes; 7 x 3x4 and 4 x 4x3