If You Can Dream It You Can Do It by Guest Designer Cathy Cafun


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  


Hi everyone,  Cathy here with my second post as Guest Designer for the month of May, creating with the beautiful L'Aquarelle Collection of co-ordinating papers, dies, embossing folders and stamps.

First up I have created a layout using peach and soft brown tones from the collection.

"If You Can Dream It You Can Do It" Layout
I was drawn to the pretty peach/pink and script pp's to create this layout and also fussy cut a few elements from a couple of the papers to create layers around my photo.
I used a few of the Inspiration Cards which I cut apart and tore for a few more layering elements and also my title.  I love to use a sanding block to make my elements pop and give them a shabby/distressed look.

For my background I cut down the peach watercolour pp, sanded the edges and framed it with the beige script pp.  I then layered the torn polka dot Inspiration Cards pieces under the torn bird/script paper and adhered to my background.
To frame my photo I embossed a piece of the peach coloured pp with the Flowering Frame Embossing Folder and lighted sanded over the embossed design.  I also diecut the beautiful Dove in Flight Die from beige pp and backed it with peach pp using the Turbo Glue Pen, then cut around the edges.


The co-ordinating Ornate Metal Flower embellishments can be used as they are, or you can pull them apart like I have to giving you versatility and value for money.

With all the elements created, I layered them to my background using Couture Creations Foam Dots to create dimension.

To finish off, I created a mist by mixing the Couture Creations Mix and Match pigment powders with water and flicked over my layout with a brush, making sure to cover my photo. I used the copper and pearl white and also made a mix of copper with a touch of pearl white, to create an additional softer copper colour.



"Happy Birthday" Card
I couldn't resist the cute little robin, so I decided to create a card using papers from the 12x12 Paper Pad and one of the Inspiration Cards for my greeting,
To create a pretty border I fussy cut around the floral paper, then used 3D Liquid Pearl Drops in Madagascar to add flower centres.


I also stamped and embossed 2 of the lovely floral cluster stamp from the Fern Flowers and Flourish Stamp Set, cut them apart and layered them under bird to look like it was part of the branch.

To finish off I mixed the pink and pearl white Mix and Match Pigments with water and flicked around the bird to create a softening effect.


I hope you enjoyed my projects created with the beautiful L'Aquarelle Collection.

Products Used:


Thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting.
Cathy




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts