Life is Good by GUEST DESIGNER Robyn Wood


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  


Hello everyone!

Thanks for stopping by today, my name is Robyn Wood and I’m honoured to be a guest designer during November. Although I’m a long term cardmaker and stamper, I love nothing better than getting creative in my art journal with paper, paint and colour so decided to create a page for you today. 


Being able to play with the Couture Creations Anna Griffin Texture Paste and Couture Creations pigment powders was lots of fun. The techniques are easily adjustable to whatever you create, I think this design would also look fabulous as a scrapbook page.

First of all, I’d like to show you how to create moulded pieces using the Couture Creations Anna Griffin Texture Paste and Couture Creations pigment powders. The Couture Creations Anna Griffin Texture Paste has quite a solid consistency making it perfect for moulding. Just mix a little Couture Creations pigment powder in to give it the desired colour then scoop the paste into a flexible mould and allow it to dry. 


Brisbane was going through a hot spell when I did mine so overnight was plenty of time but it may need a little longer in colder/humid areas. For added shimmer, dust the mould with pigment powder before scooping the paste in and you will end up with a beautifully coloured piece.


My page started out with pieces of book paper attached using a smear of white gesso and over painted with a thin layer of white gesso. This allows some of the paper to show through without allowing the text to be fully readable. Then I mixed some Couture Creations black pigment powder with a little clear gesso and smeared it over parts of the page, a quick rub with a baby wipe through the L’Aquarelle Designs Field of Flowers stencil gave the background an interesting texture. I also mixed some Couture Creations pink pigment powder with a little clear gesso and smeared both colours over parts of the page without wiping back.



The tag was created by stencilling just the centre of the Bohemian Bouquet Flourished stencil with Couture Creations Anna Griffin Texture Paste and then painting the tag with a little acrylic paint. I replaced the stencil and used acrylic paint to add another layer of design. My moulded button shape set off the tag perfectly!

The tag was complemented by some ribbon trim, extra tag cut from Hearts Ease paper and a sweet paper doiley. A chipboard word finished it off.





Products used:


Thanks for joining me today, I hope I have inspired you to get creative!



You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts