Mixed Media Card with Guest Designer ROBYN WOOD


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  


Hello everyone!


It’s Robyn Wood joining you today and I’m so glad you could stop by for my second guest design team post. I’ve had fun creating something different to inspire you today. 
This time I’ve used the Couture Creations Anna Griffin Texture Paste and Couture Creations pigment powder to create a shimmery panel for a handmade card. The technique is easily adaptable to art journal pages or scrapbook layouts. 
First, I stencilled using the Couture Creations Anna Griffin Texture Paste and the Bohemian Bouquet Flourished stencil and left it to dry. I made the panel much larger than I needed to so I had plenty of room to get the colouring right.

Next, I mixed a little of the pink Couture Creations pigment powder with a small amount of water and painted it all over the stencilled panel. I allowed the colour to puddle in the stencilled crevices to give an uneven effect.
Once the panel was dry, I trimmed it to size and layered onto my card. Imagery and a sentiment from the Hearts Ease papers, some paper flowers and a large metal butterfly from the L’Aquarelle Designs Collection completed the card.

This technique is able to be customised with different colours and stencils to suit any project. Thanks for joining me today, I hope I have inspired you to get creative!

Products used:
Couture Creations Anna Griffin Texture Paste C0724869
Couture Creations pigment powder – pink CO725541
Bohemian Bouquet Flourished stencil ULT158036
Ultimate Crafts L’Aquarelle Designs Collection Large Butterfly & Dragonfly ULT157765
Ultimate Crafts Ribbon & Lace Pack ULT157639
Hearts Ease 12x12 paper


You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts