Simple, Pretty Cards by Alicia Redshaw.



Hi Everyone,
welcome to my post today which features a pair of simple and economical cards created with the Cést La Vie collection being released by Couture Creations later this month. 

   

 I have used A6 Kraft card bases from one of the popular Card & Envelope Sets produced by Couture Creations.  I love using these bases and envelopes as they are less than 40 cents per set/ This means if I butcher a card base to create embellishments it is cheaper than cardstock - and I can always use the spare envelopes anyway.

 

The patterned papers are from the 6"x 6" and 12"x 12" Cést La Vie paper pads, including the butterfly and "Life is Beautiful" tabs.  You could just use the 6"x 6" paper pad, however I liked the spots being all the same colour so I used the larger sheet of this paper.  The tag is from the Cést La Vie Diecut Ephemera pack and the tiny chipboard Bees are from my personal stash.

 

One of my favourite items from the C'est La Vie collection is the Butterflies & Roses Stamp and 3D Emboss A2 set.  
As this is a 3D Embossing Folder you have to be very careful when using it with your Go Press & Foil Machine, as I have because it is of a higher quality with a deeper design - so no packing is needed and you may need to remove the lid to replace it with a B plate if it still too tight.

 

I have distressed the edges of all of my pieces of patterned paper and ephemera before inking them with coordinating inks and sponge daubers.  
Keeping sponge daubers in a sealed case and having one for each colour prevents contamination and helps them to last a lot longer.  

 

Like the foiled 3D Embossing Folder design I have foiled the 'Thank You' sentiment onto my butchered spare card base.  
The Kraft is beautiful and smooth so it takes the foiling perfectly on both sides, as do all of the card bases in the Card & Envelope Sets range.

 

Well I guess that is it for me today, except to share some pictures of the individual cards and a list of  the products I have used.

  

 

  Products I have used:  CO721964 Foam Mounting Tape – 12mm x 4m CO721985 Double Sided Tape – 6mm x 50m CO723817 3D Glue Spots (½” x 1/8” x 75 pieces) CO724824 Go Cut & Emboss Machine CO725032 Go Press & Foil Machine CO725355 Heat Activated Foil Gold Foil (Vintage Matte Finish) ULT158117 Hot Foil Stamp - SE - Thank You CO725737 Cést La Vie 12"x12" Paper Pad (24pgs) CO725738 Cést La Vie 6"x6" Paper Pad (24pgs) CO725739 Cést La Vie Diecut Ephemera Set (43pcs) CO725777 Cést La Vie Paper Doilies Set (25pcs) CO725774 Cést La Vie Butterflies & Roses Stamp and A2 3D Emboss Set CO725911 Cést La Vie  A Hive of Bees Chipboard Set (20pcs) CO724849 Card & Envelope Set - A6 Kraft (50pcs each) ULT157645 Liquid Drops 3D Pearls - Cottonball CO724289 English Roses (2cm) – White CO725849 Sponge Dauber Storage Case (40pcs) 

 Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day 



#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts