Strong Enough to Survive by Anita Enright

#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts



Hi fellow crafty friends! Anita here again this time to share very special card with you.
I was asked to make a 'card' for one of my work colleagues who was going into to hospital.  She had just been diagnosed with bowel cancer and a fellow Facebook friend posted a quote on her timeline that she loved and said it resonated with her .  She asked me if I could 'make her a card' using the quote so she could put it on her bedside table whilst she was in hospital.
I don't think she expected getting this. 



To create the card base I cut a 12x12" piece of Ultimate Crafts Snow White cardstock at 7".
Next I scored the cardstock at 3", 4 1/2", 7 1/2" and 9" and then folded along the score lines.  The large panels will measure 3" in size and the smaller folder 1 1/2" in size.
I then added the Floral Fancy patterned paper to the cardstock base and inked the edges in a matching green ink.



 I cut two of the Tassels die from the Magnolia Lane collection in Cypress Pine Ultimate Crafts cardstock, one a mirror image of the other, attach them to the two outside panels of the card.
I then took two of the magnolia flowers die cuts from the ephemera set and attached the over the top of the tassels.

To the underside corners of the quote, behind the green and pink cardstock, I added Magnolia Corners dies in Snow White cardstock.
I printed the quote on to some white 250gsm paper and then double mounted it on to some Cyrpress Pine and Carnation cardstock then attached it to the middle front panel of the card.
To the underside corners of the quote, behind the green cardstock, I added Magnolia Corners dies in Snow White cardstock.


I deconstructed two of the Cottage Pollen flowers to only use the center two layers of petals.  I then added some of the Flamenco pink coloured Liquid Drops 3D Pearls to slightly colour the white flowers.  These were added to the top corners of the two back panels with a couple of other flowers from my personal stash. To the corners of the quote I added some of the Pink Blush pearls in the corner of the quote.
You will see I have used some butterflies over the card.  Unfortunately I had run out of the ones from the ephemera pack so I ended up fussy cutting the ones from the packaging of other embellishments from the collection.  If you didn't know I had done it you would never have known.

I felt very privileged to have been asked to make this for her, and truly hope that she likes it. Hopefully by reading the quote every day it will help give her the strength and the positivity to get through the trying times she has ahead in beating this horrible disease.



 




Products Used


 Thanks for stopping by
Don't forget to follow the Couture Creations Blog and also follow Couture Creations|Ultimate Crafts on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter as my work appear there too.

Anita









You May Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts