Irresistible by Tracey Cooley

#couturecreationsaus

Hi Everyone

Today I would like to share my 2nd ever mixed media layout... I have been inspired by all the wonderful mixed media artist everywhere including our very own mixed media guru's.. I am fairly happy with it but would love your feedback.
 
 
I first created my mixed media background with texture paste, embossing powder, stamps, spritz, walnut ink and gesso....Then I cut a strip of matching pattern paper and used 2 borders from the Couture Creations Momento Lace Die Chandeleirs Set. down each side. after touching them with a bit of gesso and chocolate embossing powder.
 
 
Then I tucked a ruffle underneath the bottom of the strip and under my photograph.
To make the ruffle I simply cut a Couture Creations Momento Lace Die Cappuccino and cut into the centre and around the edge of the first detail. then spritzed it with water to soften the fibres.
 
 
then I gently gathered the inner edge being careful not to fold the outer edge.
 
 
By gathering the inner edge your Lace die will become straight... Let your ruffle dry and run some Couture Creations Double Sided Tape along the gathered edge.
 
 
I added some gesso to the ruffle before adding to my Layout.
I did the same to my photograph to add some interest (not that my darling daughter is not interesting!)
 
I then added some flowers and used some Couture Creations Adhesive Gemstones and Pearls to make the centres pretty...
 
 
I then used the Couture Creations Secret Treasure Honeycomb Strip to add some honeycomb shapes around my layout and complemented them with some Imaginarium Designs Chipboard Nested Hexagons and some stickers.
 

 
Don't forget to Join Kerrie Gurney and myself tomorrow and Thursday for some $10 Couture Creations Classes at Photo Continental... We will be there all day both days and would love to see you!!
Places are selling fast so please book ahead to avoid disappointment!
book online here!!!
 
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to visit the Couture Creations blog!
 
 
https://www.facebook.com/couture.creations.aus
 
 
 
 
http://jordayla.blogspot.com.au/
 
 
 

You May Also Like

7 comments

Popular Posts