Mixed Media Tags by Tina Connolly

#couturecreationsaus
 
Hi everyone!
 
Today I wanted to show a couple of tags I created using The Van Roe collection.  I love making tags because there's a multitude of uses including as an embellishment on your layout, as a gift tag, bookmark, or pop it onto a card.  They are great to try new techniques out on too!
 
 
Cut Sew Jo paper to size and tear across the top.  
 

Die-cut Chandeliers and attach as shown.
 

 I applied Gel Medium through a stencil and once dry, sprayed with my favorite mists to add colour, shimmer and highlight the pattern.
 

Cut a dress form and ruler from the Sew Jo papers.


Die cut two of Simonetta, one from black cardstock, and one from Sew Jo paper, and layer as shown.  Diecut an Ornate Rectangle from Sew Jo paper, Emboss the decorative outer frame and reverse the inside section. Assemble elements on your tag.
 


I used the Tied Together die as a stencil and misted over it to create a lovely shimmery background.
 

 I cut a Birdcage and Ornate Rectangle from Core'dinations cardstock, and embossed the center of the rectangle with Peacock Fans embossing folder.  
 

I diecut Celebrate and a Beautiful Butterfly from Core'dinations Glitter Silk cardstock.  I highlighted the bird and outer frame with Silver Glitzen' Glamour, and tied some fibers at the top.
 

Here's my two tags together!
 

Couture Creations products:





You May Also Like

8 comments

Popular Posts