Today we are revisiting Sue Smyth's Magnolia Lane Butterfly Explosion Box

#couturecreationsaus  #ultimatecrafts



One of the things I like doing the most is 
explosion boxes, and when you design
your own papers one of the perks is
you can design papers and images that 
will suit your favorite types of projects.
So here is one I had in mind all the time
when designing Magnolia Lane ..hope you like it 


I have used a label die to cut the four sides of the box
you can then simply score and fold the labels
and attach to any size square you like to form the base.


The decorated top, has my take on a 
sugared Magnolia.
See step by steps below to make this.
I have used the beautiful Resin corners too 
with their lovely pearly sheen.


I have then used the panels from Magnolia 
Lane Poetical Labels to decorate the inside of the box.



The cheeky butterfly is roughly cut out
then adhered to white cardstock with a 
glue stick. Then I fussy cut and adhere it
to a toothpick.
You can also cover the wings in 
dimensional magic and sprinkle with 
white glitter for a sparkly look.



Sugared Magnolia

1. Spray the center of the flower with a soft pink mist.
2. Dry off with heat gun.
3. Spray with adhesive and dip into white glitter.
4. Remove the outer petals to make the flower smaller.


Products used


 Happy Crafting 









You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts