Magnolia Card by Tracey Rohweder

#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts

 Another day, and another chance to share the beauty of Magnolia Lane with you. Thanks for stopping by today - it's nice to see you!
 My favourite die in Magnolia Lane collection without a doubt is Rose Cutting.  I love the intricacy of these dies and how versatile they are.  In March I made another project with this die that's on the Couture Creations blog  Here, and I've been wanting to use it again.
And here is the card.  I love how the white die cuts just jump off the card.  
White is so classic. And goes with pretty much everything. 
So let's get crafting. 
I've cut several roses and leaves out in white cardstock.  By using the Quick Release Die Paper the cuts come out with just a tap - despite how detailed the dies are.  A really good idea is to cut extras especially in colours you use regularly.  I have a bowl of die cuts on my desk.  It saves getting my die cut machine out for just one cut and having them in sight means I'm more likely to use them. 

I've cut a piece of Magnolia Lane patterned paper that will become the background of my card. Measure your card and cut the paper slightly smaller.  I've chosen a pink paper, but any colour will work.  I've used three of the Rose die, and to make my cuts go further have snipped all the leaves apart.  That way i can tuck them into smaller places, and only use what I want.  I've attached both the roses and leaves with mini glue spots.  I really like to use the glue spots as they adhere the cuts in place straight away,  but are small enough not to be seen. I've put the spots in the middle of the roses and on the end of leaves.  And because only the middle is stuck down, they have a 3D floating appearance. 
I've embellished with 3mm pearls (Snow White) in the middle of each rose and scattered some sequins for a bit of sparkle. I've used my Turbo Precision Glue Pen to adhere the sequins. I've also trimmed the overhanging rose in line with the background paper. 
I've attached the patterned paper to my white card with double sided tape. Towards the bottom of the card I've added a butterfly from the Ephemera pack mounted on a piece 3D Foam Strip. 

 
 And the card is complete.  Perfect for a birthday, thinking of you or even a wedding card.

Be sure to check the Couture Creations Blog to be inspired 
by the amazing ladies on the Design Team. 
You can also follow Couture Creations on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter.
 
ULT157523 Magnolia Lane Decorative Dies, Rose Cutting  
ULT157515 Diecut Ephemera  
CO721963 3D Foam Adhesive, 3D Foam Strips  
CO721984 Doubled Sided Tape, 12mm  
CO724037 2 Way Glue, Turbo Precision Glue pen






You May Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts