Mother's Day Card by Anita Enright

#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts

Hi Hi Everyone,

Lately I have been playing with different folds on my cards and was just playing around with one and liked it so I decided to go with it and make a pretty girlie card.  
Once I knew what I was doing I started to churn out cards quickly.



This card was based on a 5x7" card base, so create your card base in a colour that matches the papers that you chose to create your card in. You will then need to score the front of the card in half. However this is where I made my first mistake but it didn't affect my end result.

Below is the picture of what I did. After selecting the shape of the nesting die that you want to use, attach it with some washi or other removable tape.  I scored first then added the die.  You need to place your die then score the card from the edge of the die to the top and bottom (your score does not go through the inside of the die). I covered my boo boo later with papers anyway so it didn't really affect the end result.


Next, set up your machine to cut dies.  The top cutting plate is placed up to the score line so the machine and die will only cut whatever is under the plates.


I then selected my papers and cut them as below. I embossed the two smaller pieces and then die cut them using the same nesting die as above. Attach them all to your card base.


I cut out a handful of die cuts including my two favourite dies from the Magnolia Lane collection, the beautiful feather and gorgeous rose cutting. Using a smaller nesting die also cut out two pieces of patterned paper to match. 


Take your rose cutting die cuts and layer them into a 3D flower.Grab a magnolia paper flower and using some spray adhesive and spray the flower then sprinkle with glitter.  If you don't have spray adhesive I just used my finger to apply some of my liquid glue to the petals and then sprinkled the glitter on that.  Once dry adhere the paper flower to the centre of the rose cutting 3D flower.  


Now go crazy and bling up your card :)

This card is now going to a very special lady for Mother's Day.... and no, it is not my mum :)
I have another creation going her way.






PRODUCTS USED


Thanks for stopping by everyone.  I hope you find this helpful and maybe add a different dimension to some of your cards :)












You May Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts