Altered Violin


#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts  



Hi Everyone 

I am lucky enough in my life to be able to spend some time at my children's school. Whilst spending time with students and teachers I have been able to make some lovely friendships. Which led the music teacher to give me some instruments that the school was retiring. One of which was a violin that had some broken parts. So I took my Couture Creations Anna Griffin Mixed Media to it and this is what happened.



I started this piece by first removing all the hardware ie chinrest, tail piece, bridge and strings etc  from the violin. then I gave a light sand with the fine side of the Couture Creations Sanding Block.
Then I gave it a few coats of Couture Creations Anna Griffin Acrylic Gesso before painting it with white acrylic paint. 


I added some of the Couture Creations Anna Griffin Pigment Powders to some more white paint and the brushed it into the white paint while it was slightly wet still, adding more white here and there for effect. 


I then mixed some of the Couture Creations Anna Griffin Matte Texture Paste with some Couture Creations Glitter and using one of the gorgeous Couture Creations Anna Griffin Creeping Vines Stencils spread the mix over the Lower Bout of the violin and let it dry. 


I painted some of the left over mix onto the turn keys.And with some Couture Creations Turbo Glue Pen I added some silver leafing to the scroll, finger board and Tail piece.


I embellished the waist with some Couture Creations Camden Cottage Roses and other embellishments I had lying around in my stash. 


I added some of the Couture Creations 3mm Pearls and adhesive Rhinestones to a metal flower that I had lying around which made it the perfect match for the colours I had used on the violin itself.


I then put it all back together including the fine tuners and using silver cord as strings. 

I love love love the way it turned out and will be giving it back to the school to use on their Christmas stall at the end of the year. 


Couture Creations Products used 








https://au.pinterest.com/ArtdecoBrands/https://www.instagram.com/artdecocreationsbrands/







You May Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts