Anita with 3 Cards from Sunburnt Country



Hi Everyone,


What a wonderful new collection Sunburnt Country is.

I am so so happy to finally have a paper range that is all Australian.  I am looking forward to playing with it some more over the coming weeks but today I have created three cards using the stamps and dies from the collection.

For the first two card backgrounds I wanted to incorporate the new Card Deco inks into the cards, so like using alcohol inks, I created a couple of funky card backgrounds.

CARD 1



To create the background for this card, on a Non Stick Craft Mat mat I stamped a mix of the Card Deco Dye Inks in colours of Spring Green, Pine Green and Yellow Green.

After spraying the inks with water I then dabbed some watercolour paper into the ink mix.  I did this several times, each time drying the paper with my Multi-Purpose Heat Tool.

I then stamped the Silver Princess mini stamp over the watercolour paper using one of the pigment inks as they are great to use with embossing powder.  I used the Garnet Pearl Gems Embossing Powder and set it using my Multi-Purpose Heat Tool.

Next I cut out a selection of leaves using the Acacia BranchGumnuts and also one of the Fenced In  mini cutting dies.

To finish I took one of the Lorikeet stickers from the sticker sheet contained in the 12x12 Collection Pack and mounted it on to some cardstock and fussy cut around it.  I added a layer of Dimensional Magic to give it a glow.



 CARD 2


For the second card I used the same techniques as in the first card.  Using a mix of Apple Green pigment ink and Canary Yellow and Pine Green dye ink I created the background. Next I added the white heat embossing with the Made in Australia mini stamp which I have fallen in love with.

I have decided that I love this stamp so much it is even perfect to stamp the reverse of my cards with just for a bit of fun.

Cut several of the of the Gumnut mini metal dies using one of the patterned papers from the 6.5 x 6.5 Paper Pad and using the same paper die cut the map of Australia.... don't forget Tassie :)

Next, taking a matching cardstock (I used Ultimate Crafts Battle Fatigue) mount the watercolour paper on the cardstock.  Add some of the patterned paper at the top and bottom of the square card based and then mount the watercolour paper to the card base. 

To finish add some 3D Foam Tape to the reverse of the die cuts pieces and attach to the card.


 CARD 3

My final card is a bonus.
I just absolute adore this patterned paper from the range so didn't want to mess with it too much.


I used a 5 x7" Cream Card Base and then added a black mat using the Ultimate Crafts Obsidian cardstock.  I ran the cardstock through the Gumnuts Embossing Folder to give it texture.

Cut down the 6.5 x 6.5 Patterned Paper and then using the Acacia Branch mini stamp and some black ink stamp several branches to the left side of the patterned paper.  Attach the patterned paper to the embossed cardstock.
Then to finish I did cut the Australia map and attached it to the card using some 3D foam tape.


Thanks for stopping by.

Take care and happy crafting

Anita Enright




#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts 




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts