Discover by Lauren Tomecek

#couturecreationsaus
 
Watercolour is a big trend in scrapbooking right now and I wanted to incorporate that into my latest layout. I've chosen the use an image from The Marriot embossing folder ranger in place of a photo and coloured it with watercolour pencils in my latest layout.
 
 
Start by running a scrap paper through the selected embossing folder. Watercolour paper would obviously work best, but I've used regular cardstock and it worked fine. Take your watercolour pencils and colour inside the recessed areas from the embossed image. This will give you an image similar to the one below. Then it's a simple matter of wetting your brush and activating the watercolour component of the pencils to transform the image. Trim the paper to the correct size once dry.
 
 
For the red background piece I wanted to add some extra texture so I ran it through the Wire Barbs embossing folder. I then used my sanding tool on it to distress it a bit and finally painted the edges with gesso. Just dry brush some gesso over the top to really accent the barbs.
 
 
Cut your title using The Van Roe Discover die-cut from the same red paper and swipe with gesso to match. Then just layer all the papers and embellishments as shown in the image. There you have it, a pretty quick and easy LO using two of the great The Marriot embossing folders. 
 

https://www.facebook.com/couture.creations.aus


Couture Creations Materials List:
http://lozcraft.blogspot.com

You May Also Like

6 comments

Popular Posts