Emma Frame by Amanda Baldwin

#couturecreationsaus
 

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my super pretty shadow box!
Amanda here, and I can’t wait to share this special project with you!

It occurred to me that as much as I adore the Sew Jo Paper, I have only used it for sewing related creations….so naturally, I just had to challenge myself!

 

Love this stunning creation, and just for once, I’ve made it for me!
(No gifting here - so the colours and style are pure AJ)
Hope you like it too tho…..
To recreate you will need a shadow box frame – I found this gorgeously distressed one at Typo but lots of variety stores stock them.
You’ll also need your Sew Jo Paper Pad handy – I used lots of different papers (mostly off cuts from other projects) from this paper range.

  1. Select background paper, trim and adhere to shadow box backing.
 
 
  1. Cut the Moulin Rouge Doily in white cardstock, snip it into halves and attach to backing as shown above.
 
 
  1. Lightly paint doily halves with Glitzin’ Glamour Glitter Glue: Crystalina
Note: It is essential to do this after adhering doily to the background  as the glitter glue can cause the intricate doily to warp. 
 
4. While doily dries, paint Imaginarium Designs: Emma Frame with white gesso to prime & colour all-in-one.
 
 
 
  1. Once the frame is dry, decide on patterned paper backgrounds and attach to back of frame with double-sided tape. Keep centre of frame free for your photograph.
 
 
  1. Cut Siblings silhouettes from black cardstock and adhere. Save miniature butterflies for embellishing later. Attach bunting to top left corner.
 
 
  1. Embellish with ribbon, bow, flowers, pearl trim, mini clock face, metal butterflies, adhesive pearls & even a lil gemstone! Add miniature butterflies to complete the ensemble.
 
 
 
  1. Attach photograph, and place completed Emma Frame onto shadow box backing, as shown above.

  1. Decorate / embellish shadow box exterior with lace, pearl trim, metal butterfly and more vintage flowers.
Secure backing to box frame, hang and ENJOY!

 

Such a beautiful off-the-page creation!




Thanks for visiting, I hope I have motivated you to get your craft on!
For even more inspiration, please be sure to visit my blog,
























You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts