Adore by Mel Connell

#couturecreationsaus
Hello All, Welcome to July. 
I just cannot believe how quickly this year is passing, it really must have to do with "Time flies when your having fun"!

This Month I wanted to use one of the super cool new A4, yes you read that right, A4 Embossing Folders by Couture Creations. My goodness did I fall in love with see as soon as I saw them. Imagine the possibilities. 

So I thought this would be a great opportunity to do a Letter pressed background for a Layout. 
I used some smooth white cardstock for this. Textured will work, you will just get a more rustic finish which is also beautiful. 
You will also need some non-permanant pigment ink for this. 

Are you ready??? 

Ok, so start by inking up directly onto your embossing folder on the inside. you only need to do one side of the folder, not both. 


Place your cardstock into your embossing folder, close and run throughout your machine, being careful not to let your cardstock move. 

Once you have embossed the cardstock carefully peel your embossing folder open to reveal the letter pressed background. Set these aside to dry or dry off with a heat tool. 


Layer up a 12x12 sheet of white cardstock with a layer of yellow spotted paper from the Couture Creations 12x12 patterned paper pad Sew Jo. I just love this paper pad, especially these spotted papers. Top of the layering with your letter pressed cardstock. I did four pieces and cut them to match the pattern. As I used the Border, Tags and More, this is a combination of borders tags and a larger embossing panel, I embossed four sections and cut to size for my layout. 



Cut yourself one of the many gorgeous border Dies that Couture Creations have. I used the Chandaliers set, and cut it in white cardstock. I gave this a coat of lemon shimmer ink. 


I used some gorgeous chipboard pieces from Imaginarium Designs on this layout. We are doing a blog hop with them a little later in the month so be sure to watch out for the amazing work that will cmd from this collaboration. I painted them all white, and added some Crystalina Glitzn Glamour Glue to the butterflies to give them a little sparkle. 


I finished off my layout with a sprinkling of gorgeous Couture Creations Pearls. 

I love this Letter Press look, it gives such a gorgeous soft finish that can be used on just about any project. 


Couture Creations Products used:






You May Also Like

12 comments

Popular Posts