Love that Sweet Smile Layout by Sue Smyth

#couturecreationsaus


I have not done a layout for awhile and thought it was long overdue.
Using Hearts Ease papers and Couture Creations dies, I came up 
with this lovely Baby layout, but you could use it for any
young girl.


I have altered the Couture Creations flowers
with a wicking technique.
I love the graduated colour you can achieve with this technique.
You will find a tutorial on my previous post to explain how to 
wick colour into the flower.


I have coated die cut cream cardstock in dimensional magic and covered
it with white glitter to give a praline colour to the glitter.




A nice close up of the flowers, insert a pearl into 
the center for a bit of bling.




I have die cut the pram twice and glued both together
to form the thickness of chipboard. Then when
you add dimensional magic and glitter the die cut 
holds it shape better and will not warp.


I have done the same with the little rocking horse.
But notice the little leaves and pearl above it. 
An embellishment can be made of the smallest things 


Die cut Smile script in white cardstock and 
wipe over pearl paint for a classy look.


Here I have spritzed the flowers and used a pearl paint
pen to blend over the wet petal.
The pen will bleed and dissolve for a neat soft look.

Altered Strawberry Leaves

Lately I have been having fun playing with
ways to alter die cut leaves.
First cut them from white or cream cardstock


Swipe over top of leaf a little gesso, not much 
just spots of it.



Use a sponge dauber to add ink.


Use another sponge dauber to add a red ink to the edges of the leaf.
You can leave this technique here, as it looks awesome 
this way too.


But I like to spritz with a little water, too.
This sends all of the ink to the back and allows the gesso to
stand out again.


The two inks blend and puddle to form lots of delightful
autumnal tones.


Couture Creations Products 



Happy Crafting  






You May Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts