Smile by Anita Enright

#couturecreationsaus



Hi Guys,

Oh my gosh, I can't believe 2015 is nearly done and dusted.  Where has the time gone.  I can't believe the next time I will be on the Couture blog it will be 2016.

Today I have another creation using the beautiful papers from the Vintage Rose Garden collection.  I always find myself going back to these beautiful papers over and over again.



1. To create the card base I cut a 7"x 8" piece of white cardstock and then folded it in half vertically to make a 7" long x 4" wide card base.
2. I then chose the Green Typo paper from the paper pad and cut a 6 3/4" x 3 3/4" piece to mat on the card base.

3. I also selected the Rouge Stripes paper from the paper pad to die cut my leaves and flowers on the reverse side of the paper (the paler print). I then used the Roses & Butterflies paper 
and cut out the border strip.
4. I then used the reverse of the Green Typo paper to also die cut more floral layers.



5. I inked the edges of the card base and the Vintage Rose mat in a coordinating green ink to soften the edges. 
6. Using the Turbo Precision Glue Pen I attached the mat to the card base and then after cutting to size also glued down the boarder strip.
7. Each of my three flowers uses two of each of the dies sets to get the fullness in each of the flowers.


8.  Once the flowers have been constructed I just put everything together.  Once I had placed the leaves down I grabbed some gauze to put under the flowers to give another dimension.
9. I had the 6x6" paper pad and cut out on of the sentiments from the Green Words paper and punched it out before mounting it on an off-cut from the the Green Typo paper. This was tucked in slightly behind the flowers. 
10. I hate fussy cutting but I have to say they always add to what you are creating so I cut out a couple of flowers from the Roses & Butterflies paper and I popped them in under the 3D flowers.
11. A couple of gemstones and pearls to the middle of the flowers and it's done :)


Below are a couple of close ups of the card. 




Products Used


Wishing all of your a wonderful and safe Christmas and
a fantastic start to 2016.  
See you on the flip side.








You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts