Magnolia Lane Shutter Tri-fold Card by Anita Enright

#couturecreationsaus   #ultimatecrafts 

Hi Everyone, Anita here with you again today on the blog.  
For my 2nd February post I decided to do a card that I had never endeavoured to do before and I am very happy with the result.  Of course the beautiful papers and embellishments that I used from the Magnolia Lane collection made it ever so more amazing.

My finished card ended up being 6" x 6" when folded closed.  

To start I chose the gorgeous Ultimate Crafts cardstock in Charming and cut it a piece 6" x 12".
Below is a picture of how the scoring and cutting was done on the card stock. 


Once you have done your scoring the vertical lines and cutting the four horizontal lines you can fold along the score lines.  The best way to do this is to start at the two inside long score lines (at 4" and 8") as these both need to be valley folds, this makes the very back of the folded card.  Working your way to the outside the long 2" and 10" are peak folds.  Below is a photo of the finished folds for your to match your card to. A better example is further down showing from the top.

Next cut two 3" x 6" in the same coloured cardstock.  These get attached to the front of the card mat with the inner edges of your 3"x6" piece on the 1st fold line on each side of the card.  When folded flat this makes the card 6"x6".



Once you have the base of the card folded it is now time to select the papers to make it really pop. I chose to mat each of the prints on the Pandora pink colour Ultimate Crafts cardstock. I used my 6"x6" paper pad as these worked really well. So for the front of my card I chose the Gentle Magnolias & Lace. Cutting is straight down the centre worked beautifully when cut.  By matting the patterned paper you will need to trim down the papers slightly.


 On the two large side panels I just attached the Pandora coloured cardstock and then added a strip of black lace to each side. All of the forward facing pieces I have used both the pink cardstock matted behind a patterned paper. Patterened paper used on the small pieces were Floral Fancy and Pretty Patches. For the large back inside area I used the Rosehip Memories. 



Once I had all my patterened papers in place I attached a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" card to the centre reverse of the card to put my sentiment.


Finally I added heaps of the chipboard and ephemera and my favourite die, the Drifitng Feather to the front. Add a scattering of the 3mm pearls to highlight specific areas of your choice.

Check out the close ups of the finished project.








PRODUCTS USED


Until next time, Happy Crafting :)

Anita







You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts