Introducing.....Katrina Thompson


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  




Hello everyone. I’m Katrina Thompson and I am thrilled to be part of this amazing line up of ladies to bring you all the best ideas and projects to inspire you with, using all that Art Deco has on offer.
I’m primarily a paper crafter with a love of cards and memory keeping. Starting with just an interest in making personal handmade cards, things became a little more addictive after making my wedding invites, all while melting my embossing powder over the old toaster. That was over 20 years ago now, and yes, now I own multiple heat tools!
I enjoy a wide variety of paper craft styles. Though currently I lean more toward ‘pretty things’, while layering and fussy cutting, I love ink, mediums and embellishing also. I have been teaching and working at local Brisbane stores and events for the past 15 years and enjoy the sharing and learning aspect of joining with other creative minds, which is why I am also looking forward to sharing my projects with you all as part of this years’ Design Team.


So let's get started with my first blog post for July.


______________________________________________________________________


Hello and Welcome to my first post as part of your new Design Team for 2017/18.
We are now past that half yearly mark and if you haven't already started, now is the perfect opportunity to begin your Christmas creating.
The new "Let Every Day Be Christmas" range is simply beautiful with striking muted tones that blend seamlessly.
I have created todays soft and shabby layered card using the A4 paper pad, a few elements from the ephemera pack and the beautiful Baroque Background Die from the extensive range of dies in this collection.




From the A4 Paper Pad I have cut one of the circular designs from the sheet pictured above. From the sheet pictured below I have cut a square base as the focus image, the main body of which being 10.3cm. Include all of the birds and foliage outside the 10.3cm to add a point of interest.


 I have cut the Baroque Background from the Ultimate Crafts Snow White cardstock.


Using the same A4 piece that I cut the focus image from, I have cut a square 12.3cm.Trimming the sides of the die cut, I have attached it over the yellow portion of the square.


Distress the edges of the square in a coordinating colour. Using your dauber to give it a softer more blended look. Distress the solid edges of the focus image to give it a more defined look as you attach your layers.


 
Firstly don't cut the barcode strip away from your sheet as your going to need the length when creating your card base. Cut your A4 sheet to a width of 15.25cm,(6 inches), as above. From the plain edge fold and score in half to create the square card base, trimming the barcode excess away to finish. Ink around the edges with a dauber in a coordinating colour to blend.


Now you have your card base, cut a white mat 14cm, then a yellow plaid 13.6cm. Distress the edges of the white and ink the edges of the plaid to blend. Layer onto the card base then attach to focus piece.
Select a small rose, the bird and the branch from the Ephemera pack. Cut the branch in two as pictured. Arrange as pictured below and attach with 3d foam.


It's always nice to decorate the inside of your card to give it a completed look. Use your offcuts and additional layers of card to make it easy to write on. I have finished it off with one of the larger  Roses from the Ephemera pack.


                                                                    

Enjoy, K x


Products Used:
Couture Creations Let Everyday be Christmas Paper Pad A4 CO725490
Couture Creations Christmas Baroque Background Die CO725515
Couture Creations Ephemera Set CO725493
Other Couture Creations products:
Ultimate Crafts Cardstock - Snow White ULT200001
Couture Creations 2 way glue pen CO724037
Couture Creations Double Sided Tape C0721984
Couture Creations Double Sided Foam tape C0721962





You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts