My Aussie Adventure by Guest Designer Cariena Basson


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  

Hi Everyone, Cariena here and very happy to be asked to Guest Design for Artdeco.  

 I have been wanting to make a layout of some of the special moments of my Australia trip earlier this year, when I taught at the Couture Creations Creative Inspiration Live Event  presented in Brisbane, February & March 2017. 

Almost 200 scrappers from all over Australia attended this Event and I was really, really privileged and blessed to have been asked to teach at the Event.
I used the awesome L'Aquarelle Collection for one of my classes at the Event, and was so excited when the collection was released here in South Africa a short while ago.



 
 I gathered all the items I thought I might use - a few of the L'Aquarelle products - 6 x 6 Paper Pad, butterfly die, metal flowers, seam binding, my Golden Girl (GoCut and Emboss Machine) and my basic tools.

  After I printed the photos I wanted to use for the layout in various sizes, I sanded the edges using my Couture Creations Sanding Block - this just makes the photos POP without matting them.

 
Next I chose a few sheets of paper from the 6 x 6 Paper Pad.  I love using the small papers for fun layouts like this one - the designs are smaller so you get more detail.  

 
 I chose the papers I wanted to use to cut my butterflies from. I cut a few solid as well as some detailed butterflies.  I was not sure at this point of how many I was going to use, but I rather cut more than less!

 
I decided to add some "bling" to the butterflies.  I squeezed some Couture Creations Turbo Glue onto my craft sheet, spritzed it with a little water and mixed in some Anna Griffin glitter.  Then I dabbed this mixture onto the sold and detailed butterfly die cuts.

 
I though a bow would look beautiful using the L'Aquarelle Seam Binding.  The cream colour was too light for me, so I coloured it using a mixture of Anna Griffin Gold Pigment Powder, water and Turbo Glue.  Why the Turbo Glue?  Well, the pigment powder does not have a binding element, so it will rub off from the seam binding if you don't use a binding element.  This mixture is perfect for colouring many different elements. 



 
As a finishing touch, I fussy cut one of the pretty flowers from the paper pad and then added some metal flowers and embellishments.  I wanted to keep this layout very simple - I will probably add a LONG piece of journaling to it, before it goes into my album.


Thank you so much for visiting the blog. I hope you will have lots of fun just playing with some of your amazing Couture Creations and Ultimate Crafts Products!

Here is a list of the Couture Creations/Ultimate Crafts Products I used: 

ULT157770
L'Aquarelle Seam Binding Ribbon (6 x 1m)

ULT157786
L'Aquarelle Cutting Die - Widespread Butterfly
 ULT157766
L'Aquarelle Charms - Filigree
 ULT157767
L'Aquarelle Charms - Trinkets
 ULT157762
L'Aquarelle 6x6 Paper Pack (24 Sheets)
 CO724389
Couture Creations Turbo Precision Glue Pen (25ml)
 ADCO 724864
Anna Griffin Fine Glitter Collection (24 piece set)
ADCO 725542
Anna Griffin Mix & Match Pigment Powder - Gold (10g)
 ADCO 724824
Couture Creations GoCut and Emboss


Hope to see you again soon.

Cariena




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts