Layered Floral Card with Michelle


Hi everyone,

I'm back to share a little more creativity featuring the gorgeous papers from Couture Creations Butterfly Garden collection.

And what a stunning collection it is.

This time I have teamed the papers up with the Couture Creations scoring board and let me tell you something, this scoring board is 'da bomb'.

It is a 'must have' my friends.

I can see that it is going to be my 'go to' tool of choice.

I have made a card and a gift box and the gift box was super duper easy to make.  Using the instruction guide I picked a gift box size, made it up and then made the card to fit the box.

My box size was 3 x 6 x 1 and I used two pieces of 12 x 12 white cardstock to make the actual box and lid itself - so my cardstock size was cut to start at 7 x 10.

Trust me on this one, the box itself was 'easy peasy' to make.

I then used one of the striped patterned papers to decorate the panels of the lid of my box and the inside bottom of the bottom part of the gift box.

I used these papers ...


and I made this ...






My card ...

Cut cardstock 6" x 6" and score in half.

Cut patterned paper slightly smaller than 6" x 3" and run your scissors along the edges to distress a little.

Cut another piece of patterned paper slightly smaller, once again run your scissors along the edges and then tear on an angle and adhere.



Now it's time to start building up those layers.

Start off with some muslin [cheesecloth] - spread apart gently with your fingertips, a little purple mesh [this has been recycled from some flowers in a previous life], rip apart a page from an old dictionary - I chose the word 'love'.



Cut out a doily from white cardstock, add a little purple raffia, using the leafy die from the Butterfly Garden collection, cut out some foliage, make a foamiran flower and adhere.




To finish your card, grab a toothpick and randomly apply gesso around the edges and on your embellishment cluster.


Now it's time to embellish your gift box and I embellished mine so that it mirrored my card.

And I adhered a little more raffia around the edge of the lid of my gift box.






Materials list :



I hope that you can get your hot little hands on this collection - you really do need to add it to your stash and a scoring board - just saying.

Happy creating.
Until next time,
Take care
Michelle [aka Mrs Frizz]








You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts