Lucky Tag with John


Hi All,

With moving house, launching two new Cut Foil and Emboss die collections and dredging the stream in the garden - no, seriously - the design team projects that I have been doing with the Couture Creations products has taken a bit of a back seat of late.


I am pleased to say however that I managed to squeeze a couple of quick makes in recently and am also pleased to share the first of these in this post.



This was a bit of a lucky accident to be honest. I had planned something else but this just kind of 'came together'.


Here is what I used and how I put it together.

Items used

  • CO726540 - Gentlemans Emporium Diecut Ephemera Set
  • CO726813 - Gentlemans Emporium 6x6 Paper Pad
  • CO726832 - Gentlemans Emporium 4 Suits Mini Die
  • CO726343 - Mini Guillotine
  • CO724644 - Glamorous Gold Adhesive Pearls
  • CO724389 - Turbo Glue Pen
  • CO726428 - Black Adhesive Foam Dots
  • Two Part Laser Cut MDF Tag
  • Bow Die
  • Black Acrylic Paint
  • Gold Interference Paint
  • Glitter Paint
  • Epoxy Letters
  • Black Matt Cardstock
  • Black Glitter Cardstock

Method

As I began looking through my stash for inspiration before starting this project I found the MDF Two Part Tag which I had already painted black and used some gold interference paint on.

I thought this would work well as a background for something so I had a look through the Gentlemans Emporium DT kit and found the 4 Suits Mini Die and Gentlemans Emporium ephemera pack.

The 4 suits die was used to die cut some black glitter cardstock and the die cut card was then glued to some of the 6x6 paper which had also had some interference paint added to it.

I added some coloured metallic paint to the suits although this step is totally optional.


Next, I grabbed a couple of bits from the ephemera pack. One the larger rectangle I added some glitter paint and on the small ace card, I edged it with a metallic pen.


To create the tag I glued some of the 6x6 paper in between the two layers of MDF that made up the tag.


The ephemera card and 4 suits die cut were layered onto the tag with black foam pads.


In my craft stash, I had some epoxy letters which I used to spell out the word lucky.


Faux gems were then added for a little detail.


Finally, I die cut a bow using some black cardstock, which I brushed with the interference gold paint, and also some of the 6x6 paper.

This was then stuck in place with some turbo glue.


There you have it, a lucky MDF tag made with the Gentlemans Emporium Ephemera pack from Couture Creations.


I hope you liked it and will enjoy more of my posts in the future.

John.










You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts