Special Foiling with Alicia


Hi everyone and welcome to my post today where I am going to be sharing with you a lovely layout I have created that features two of everyones favourite things - Butterflies & Foil.




I have started my layout by die-cutting a huge pile of Butterflies from Diecut'N Bond that I had folded over on itself so that I had double-sided sticky Butterflies.  Due to the intricate nature of the Die I used this was a slow process - and if I am truly honest Naomi-Jon cut them for me and she wasn't very happy about the mess or the difficulty in getting the little sticky bits out of the Die.





I then stuck the Butterflies on the background before using scraps of foil (I have a whole tub of them) to foil them randomly.  I find that choosing a foil colour (Gold Iridescent Squares) as the finishing colour helps - and this finishing only involves burnishing the foil onto the Butteflies so that any gaps of adhesive are coated.





I sprayed and flicked some mists over the Foiled Butterflies before adding the photograph, embellishments and the "Special" Title I die-cut from Gold Mirror Foil Board using one of the new Delightful Sentiments Cut, Foil & Emboss Dies - Yes I used a Foil Die as a Cutting Die, because they produce the most beautiful embossed finishes.






Happy Creating and have a Wonderful Day


Couture Creations products used:
CO725695 Heat Activated Foil - Champagne
CO725357 Heat Activated Foil - Gold Iridescent Square Pattern
CO726050 Heat Activated Foil - Cyan Iridescent Triangular Pattern
CO725407 A4 Mirror Foil Board - Matte Gold Lines
Butterfly Garden Butterflies Mini Die
ULT157644 Diecut'N Bond
ULT200034 12x12 Cardstock - Cressida
ULT200086 12x12 Cardstock - Royal
ULT200001 12x12 Cardstock - Snow White
CO726966 Delightful Sentiments Cut, Foil & Emboss Die - Special




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts