Double Layout with Alicia


Hi everyone Alicia here today and welcome to my blog post here for Couture Creations.  I am sharing a layout I have created with the awesome Gentleman's Emporium Collection from Couture Creations.  You will notice that my layout doesn't include any photographs, which is due to it being a Christmas Gift for a special relative and I don't have permission to publish the photographs of her family that will eventually take pride of place on this beautiful layout.




I always start my double page layouts by adhering my backgrounds together with some doublesided tape on the back - allowing me to work on the layout as a whole creating a more cohesive end result.  I then created my photomats and decided which ones would be flat and which would be raised - before getting out my fussy-cutting scissors and going to town on my bag of Gentleman's Emporium papers and ephemera.






I used some larger scraps of the Gentleman's Emporium papers left from another layout across the background, being sure to ink everything as I went - it's that uninked piece that always sticks out like a sore thumb.




I have inked the Memories title before coating it with some Dimensional Magic for a bit of shiny goodness.  I have used a Cut, Foil & Emboss Die in my Go Cut & Emboss Machine (without foil) to create the pointed filigree pieces at either end of my layout.  The swirls have however been foiled by using the Cut, Foil & Emboss Die in my Go Press & Foil Machine.  I love that these versatile Dies can be used with or without foil - and they work like a dream everytime without fail.





The chipboard corners have been partially foiled by scrunching the foil sheets before use - not too much though or it won't be noticeable enough.  I have then inked them with the same brown as the rest of my layout elements.  The finishing touch to my layout was some spray mist flicked around, some gilding wax, resins, diecut leaves and a few beads and sequins scattered around





Couture Creations products:
CO725695 Heat Activated Foil - Champagne
CO726069 Heat Activated Foil - Maroon (Translucent Finish)
ULT200040 12x12 Cardstock - Chocolate
CO726869 Gentleman's Emporium Chipboard - Moments & Memories Set
CO726870 Gentleman's Emporium Chipboard - Ticking Corner Set
CO726853 Gentleman's Emporium Cut, Foil & Emboss Die - Art Deco Flourish
CO726757 Decorative Nesting Cut, Foil & Emboss Die - Quartet Frames
A selection of Gentleman's Emporium Papers & Ephemera



Happy Creating and have a Wonderful Day! Alicia :)











You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts