Follow Your Dreams with Joanne




Hello everyone, Joanne here today with my Foiled Framed card - For this card I've used a 7" x 7" card base and trimmed the Peaceful Peonies sheet from the small paper pad to 6 1/2" by 6 1/2".  I've also used some pink metallic card and gold metallic card.



I've foiled the paper in gold using the Peony Bouquet hot foil stamp.  This has to be done before the paper is stuck to the pink metallic mat layer.   As this hot foil stamp has some fairly large solid areas, I found it best to use a fresh set of card shims when foiling it using my GoPress & Foil.  This is because any texture in the card shims from previous use could show in the solid foiled areas. This isn't an issue with hot foil stamps that have narrower lines and smaller solid areas. 




In my video I show you how to position the hot foil stamp.  I have a wide die cutting machine (it takes A4 size cutting plates) so my paper can stick out of the side of my GoPress & Foil hot plate, but if you have a narrower die cutting machine, you'll need to cut the paper into 2 pieces approximately 1" from the left hand edge, and join it back together when you stick the paper down on the pink mat later.  You should be able to hide the join with flowers and leaves.



The arch is made using the corners of the Latticework die set.  I've cut one of each of the corners from some brown card and positioned them about 1/2" in from either side of the paper.  This leaves a gap in the middle which is hidden behind the piece made using the Peony Bouquet cut/foil/emboss die.  I've used some of the pink metallic card for this and gold foil - see my video.




For the die cut flowers I've used a mixture of white pearl card and pink metallic card for the solid layer and for the detail layer I've used pink metallic and gold metallic card.  These are cut using the Layered Trilliums die set.  I've only used two of the layers and only stick the layers together in the centre.  The large leaves are foiled in gold onto white pearl card using the Leafy Branch cut/foil/emboss die.  I love the detail you get using this cut/foil/emboss die, without having lots of fiddly bits to stick down.





For the sentiment I've stamped onto a tag die cut and foiled using a die from the Modern Essentials Bracket Frames cut/foil/emboss die set.   I've added sections of a honeycomb die cut behind the sentiment.





I've also added a butterfly on the right hand side to give the foiled area some dimension. This is foiled in gold on pink metallic card.




Here is my video  link: https://youtu.be/sUvvgnBu5Eg










Couture Creations Products:

CO727351Paper Pad - 6 1/2 x 6 1/2in - Peaceful Peonies - (24 sheets)
CO727416Cut, Foil & Emboss Die - Peaceful Peonies - Leafy Branch (1pc)
CO727417Cut, Foil & Emboss Die- Peaceful Peonies - Peony Bouquet
CO727383 - Cutting die set (3pc) - Peaceful Peonies - Layered Trilliums
CO727386 - Cutting die set (3pc) - Peaceful Peonies - Latticework
CO727412 - Hotfoil Stamp - Peaceful Peonies - Peony Bouquet
CO727409 - Mini Stamp - Peaceful Peonies - Follow Your Dreams 
CO727392 - Mini Cutting die set (2pc) - Peaceful Peonies - Tall Branches
CO726467 - Cut, Foil and Emboss die set - Modern Essentials - Nesting Butterfly Frames (butterfly)
CO726459 - Cut, Foil and Emboss nesting die set - Modern Essentials  - Bracket Frames 
CO725385 - Foil Heat activated- Gold (Mirror Finish)
CO726552 - Mini cutting die - Butterfly Garden - Beehive 




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts