Off the page project with Michelle



Hi everyone




I'm sharing a little creativity with you today and just for a change it isn't Christmas related.




I've been creating with a gorgeous new collection from the Couture Creations team - hopefully your local scrapbooking store has this new collection on their shelves - it's called Peaceful Peonies and it really is a stunning paper collection.




Let me share.



Don't dream your life,

Live your dreams!


I love this quote.




My creation started off life as a peat pot.



It has had a layer of gesso and then I've mixed a sage colour paint with some crackle paste, quite thickly in places and then, well then I just left it to dry.



I've cut small triangles [pennants] and adhered to the edge of the front of my pot, cut out alphas to make the word 'dream' and adhered using Couture Creations turbo precision glue pen [this is my favourite glue pen and is fabulous for those finnicky bits and pieces that need to be glued down].

I've adhered the twine around the bottom half of my peat pot to cover the fact that these peat pots had gaps down the side of the peat pot and the twine wound around the pot hides that.


I typed up my quote and adhered to one of the cut off strips from the top of one of the paper edges - I don't tend to waste anything if there is the possibility that I can use it somewhere in my creativity.

I cut two strips of patterned paper, using my mini scoreboard I have scored at regular intervals and then joined the two pieces of paper to make my spiral pinwheel, added a small circle and a piece of bling to hold it all together and attached to a toothpick.


I've cut out a variety of foliage pieces using the gorgeous patterned paper from the Peaceful Peonies 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad.  [I love playing, oops, being creative with these size pads].

To weight down my peat pot, I've glued in some heavy nuts and bolts, cut a smallish polystyrene ball in half and adhered inside my peat pot and then stuck down some small balls and then added a little more glue and sprinkled over tinsel glitter - I love this product.

And of course I have adhered a small angelic cherub.

I've spread out a branch from one of the flowers and adhered to either side of the pot. Then I've threaded the foliage, some netting, green and cream crafting fibres, some pearl threads and woven them in and around the branch.




I've cut out some of the small butterflies from the patterned paper and adhered.


and then a touch of gesso and true snow and a sprinkling of tinsel glitter
 finished my peat pot




and just like that ... all done and dusted




You can find these products here :




Foliage die




I hope that you have the opportunity to add this gorgeous collection to your stash - it really should be there.



Happy creating everyone.




 #couturecreationsaus    




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts