4 quick and easy Cards with Karen






I'm sure, like me, you have certain sheets of paper in your stash that you've been hoarding? You come across a patterned design so beautiful you don't want to risk ruining by using it, or not even sure where to start? Do you also want to make cards but have no particular occasion in mind?

I like to create cards with no sentiments - I simply add these when I'm ready to use. Think of them as blank cards you find in the shops, having a stash of blank cards has been my saving grace when something crops up unexpectedly. It also makes them quicker to make, which means you can make a stack of cards in no time.

Today I want to share with you my favourite way to use these by making four cards with one sheet of 12"x12" paper. I always feel I'm stretching the paper further by making four creations out of it, as well as knowing if a make a mistake, I've still got three other cards left to share. You can of course, make a lot more than four cards with one sheet. My record is nine - using the tiniest left over scraps as strips on cards too.

Let's get started, I'm using the C0727706 sheet from the Lest We Forget Collection by Couture Creations. All my card bases are 6"x4" using white card stock. [Full list of products used shown below]



Card One





  • For this card, I cut strips of the patterned paper to add three vertical strips
  • The centre strip was raised using a foam sheet to add some dimension to the card
  • I added foil highlights to the centre strip too by adding Red Foil [Rose Mirror Finish] to the paper, then covered with the red foil, pressing down with my bone folder to apply pressure
  • I really wanted the beauty of this patterned paper to stand up, so left as is, and let the gorgeous artwork take centre stage



Card Two





  • I love having a black background to a card, I think it helps patterned paper really stand out.
  • Using black cardstock cut slightly smaller than 6"x4" I then cut the patterned paper slightly smaller too and mounted using foam to help raise the patterned paper
  • A smaller strip of black cardstock was added vertically to the left side of the card
  • Adhesive Pearls finished off the card, adding sparkle and interest



Card Three





  • Again using strips, but this time horizontally
  • The black cardstock added interest again, using a slightly wider strip at the bottom to ground the card
  • Hard to tell from the photo but I added some sparkle to the poppies to accentuate the design



Card Four




  • I've cheated a little on this card, however wanted to also highlight that as the sheets are double sided, don't forget to use both sides! The particular background sheet on this card wasn't from the same sheet - but I did have a leftover scrap piece - and I love using up every last bit to reduce waste
  • For the dimensions flowers, I fussy cut out a couple of the poppies
  • Using my craft knife I make random cuts in the flower at the points I wanted to fold the petals over
  • I used a marker to hide the white card that shows through after you cut, both on the outside of the flowers and on the insides
  • A couple of foam dots on each other helped to raise the poppies off the page
  • To finish I added some foam strips to the top and bottom of the card, then covered in red glitter.



I hope you've been inspired to see how far you can stretch one sheet of paper and consider what supplies you have on hand to help bring it to life. I've used foil, glitter, sparkle and adhesive pearls to accentuate my cards, but you could also add sequins, embossing powders, die cut images, inks, mists - so many choices!


Couture Creations PRODUCTS:

Lest We Forget Collection 12×12 Paper Sheet

Couture Creations Go Press & Foil 

Couture Creations Adhesive Dots and Strips


Couture Creations Premium Adhesive Pearls:·3mm wide Stunning Silver




  #couturecreationsaus    




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts