Loving Dad - Father's Day Layout by Julie Schinkel


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  


Hi everyone! It's Julie here back on the blog today sharing a clean and simply layout that I have created using the The Ritz collection from Ultimate Crafts. With Father's Day just around the corner, I thought it was the perfect time to use some of the new and soon to be released chipboard pieces from Couture Creations.


To start I took one sheet from each of The Ritz 12x12 paper pads - Gatsby, Evening Cocktail and Theatre. If you don't have all three paper pads then you could use three papers from the one pad. Choose one pattern that contrasts the other two.


I've cut the three papers down and arranged as shown in the photo below. The largest piece and second largest piece are both matted onto Ultimate Crafts Obsidian Cardstock.


I took some of the Couture Creations 6mm double sided tape and stuck it down around the entire piece of gold and black patternedd paper. It should be positioned so it sticks out from underneath the lightest patterned paper piece as a faux layer.


Next I took the Loving Dad chipboard and covered it using Heat Activated Foil in Gold Mirror. I did this using the GoPress & Foil Machine. The combination I used is: Metal adapter plate, foil coloured side down, chipboard piece placed face down and a carstock shim. You will see in one of my photos below just how shiny and beautiful heat foiled chipboard turns out.


I then took some of the Mini Cogs chipboard and the large clock from the Clockface Set and heat embossed using Midnight Black Super Fine embossing powder.



I then die cut some Obsidian cardstock using the Classy Flower Die and Waves Border Die. I also used the leaves die from the Magnolia Lane Rose Cutting Impressed Die Set to add to the flower. The flower and leaves were cut a second time using Die Cut & Bond tape adhered to some Obsidian cardstock. The adhesive backing removed and some gold foil adhered to the sticky die cuts. To finish, I added some pearls and gemstones around the page and in the centre of the mini cogs.







Black gemstones
Large gold gemstone


Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial.
Until next time.
Happy Crafting!




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts