Vellum Overlay card with Joanne


Hi everyone, Joanne here today for Couture Creations. For this card I've used one of the 12x12 papers from Couture Creations My Secret Love collection.  The paper hase the oval panel on one side and the bold floral pattern on the other.  I've layered 2 pieces of this paper onto an A5 card blank


I used the Inset Oval Frames cut, foil and emboss die set to create a foiled vellum overlay.  To protect the vellum from being overstretched when foiling, add a piece of card on top of it  - the cut/foil die will cut through the vellum into this (see my video)  The Vellum is stuck down with double sided tape in the centre of the oval - put the tape where it will be hidden by the oval topper and label that are added on top of the vellum.



For the next layer I've used the inner die from the Nesting Chandelier Frames cut, foil and emboss die set, foiled on some more of the patterned paper.  Like the vellum, the paper is thin, so I add a layer of card when foiling it.  After foiling I stick the foiled paper to the card so that it is stiff enough to raise on foam pads.  I've used the Flourished Corner die to create  a crest at the top of the oval topper.




Use foam pads to stick the oval and the sentiment tag in the centre of the vellum.


Add some flower and a foiled butterfly to finish the card.


My video shows you how to create the foiled vellum overlay.

https://youtu.be/QPW9fitwTj0










CO726064 - Cut, Foil and Emboss die - Modern Essentials - Nesting Inset Oval Frames







   #couturecreationsaus    




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts