Shaker Card with Cheryl

      








Hi everyone, its Cheryl here and today I'm showing you a shaker card I created with The Gift of Giving collection. This card looks complicated, but isn't and very easy to create.


I began by cutting my designer paper to the size of the card base, ensuring the foliage pattern would be a the top .

I then foiled with the Oval Card Maker Frames cut & create dies with my GoPress and foil machine.  Otherwise you can use any other dies that might be suitable (you just need an opening on the front).

Next I used a tape runner on the inside of the designer paper and placed clear acetate over that tape, again on the inside.


Next I added double-sided foam tape all the way around the opening, on the inside once more. Ensure that all the pieces join together, otherwise some of the shaker pieces will come out.

Next and your shaker pieces into the cavity. I added some clear sequins and a mix of gold and white glitter. Don't add to much or they won't move around when you seal it off. 


I make my shaker cards a little differently. After removing the backing paper from the foam tape, I then added another piece of acetate.   This seals the shaker pieces and stops them falling out, Since they are now sealed in a clear pocket, it is far easier to place your image where you want it.  I do this by adding tape runner over the second acetate piece.

You can see a video of this technique I did a while back with another collection. https://youtu.be/5cRMbpG4qZ0



 










 



The image is from The Gift of Giving collection - Sheet # CO727900

Then I add the topper onto the base card,  and that's it - all done !!


COUTURE CREATIONS PRODUCTS
CO727895 The Gift of Giving 12x12 collection
CO7275386 Gold Heat activated foil
CO721964 Double sided foam tape 12mm x 4m
C0726343 Mini Guillotine
CO726342 12x12 Scoring board
CO726520 GoPower and emboss machine
CO725032 GoPress and foil machine


                                     Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my creation!  

 

   #couturecreationsaus    




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts