Vintage Flowers Cut & Create Dies with Joanne Hedges

 Vintage Flowers - Golden Framed Zinnias


The beautiful flowers used on this card are from the Couture Creations Vintage Flowers Collection - Layered Zinnias.  I thought they were peonies, but I'm no gardener - the important thing is that they are a beautiful embellishment to use in craft projects.  I've used them with foil (and my GoPress & Foil machine) in this project but they can also be used like normal thin dies and just cut out, or inked and cut.  


The Layered Zinnia set has 2 dies - one for the main flower and a 2nd one to create the centre - this allows you to create a layered, dimensional look.

The Sentiment on this card is from another of the Vintage Flower die sets - the Floral Frame, which is a set of 3 - a frame, a butterfly and the Best Wishes sentiment.  To make raising this on foam pads easier, I've cut the die again from the craft card used as a shim when foiling it and stuck the 2 layers together.


To build up the layers of this card, I first cut my card blank from a cream A5 card blank.  I used the waste piece from this to foil the sentiment.




I cut a piece of black card to 14.4cm square and then Cut & Foiled the largest die from the Nesting Circular Flourished Frames Cut, Foil and Emboss die set.

I cut my backing paper to 14cm square, then cut & foiled the centre piece of the topper using a die from the Nesting Floral Frames Cut, Foil and Emboss die set. When using these sets with paper I add a card shim when foiling.  This protects the paper from being torn during the foiling process and I used the extra layer of card with the paper to make it stiff enough to raise with foam pads.


I show how to foil the Zinnia flowers in my video (link at the bottom of the page).  I've added a small black foam pad under the top of the flower centre to make it stand out.


In my video I show you how to foil the Zinnia flowers and put the card together, and also show you other dies in the Vintage Flowers collection.




























Couture Creations Products :

CO726461 - Cut, Foil and Emboss dies - Modern Essentials - Nesting Floral Frames (7 piece set)
CO726463 - Cut, Foil and Emboss dies - Modern Essentials - Nesting Flourished Frames (3 piece set)
CO725937 - Die - Le Petit Jardin  - EVENING BRANCH MINI DIE (1PC)

#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts