#artdecocreations #couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts
Today we are sharing with you all a post from our South African Distributor The Wholesaler created by their designer Jowilna Nolte . Some of you will remember Jowilna from her time on our design team and also for her guest spots on our blog. We love having Jowilna guesting on our blog as she is such a talent
One of my favourite products from The Wholesaler is the Liquid Drops from Couture Creations. Now in the traditional sense I am not the type of crafter that will make little pearly drops using this medium somehow it just doesn't make sense to me. But the product is a favourite of mine for creating mixed media backgrounds. The product offers a beautiful pearly effect perfect for creating a variety of projects.
- You will need a variety of colours - the more colours the better for me.
- Use any piece of white cardstock that you have handy. I always keep my scraps from other projects and even pieces that I have tested colours and effects on. These are great for creating beautiful backgrounds.
- Add some Liquid Drops onto your cardstock.
- Use a palette knife or old credit card to smooth out the pearls randomly onto the cardstock.
TIP: Leave some thicker parts and spread other areas out really thin for a nice coloured but translucent effect.
- Add a second colour to your cardstock. I generally leave the pearls to dry for a few seconds in between layers.
TIP: The thinner you spread the pearls the quicker it dries.
- Keep on spreading colours over the white areas. Create a patchwork using the different colours to make a rainbow effect.
- I used a piece of cardstock with some stenciling on as well as a cleaner piece with more white areas, you can clearly see the difference between the two pieces of cardstock. Both give an amazing effect but with totally different looks.
And that is one of my all-time favourite effects using one of my favourite products ever Liquid Drops.
Jowilna is a true creative and loves sharing her passion and creativity.
Please stop by her blog for more inspiring projects