Happy Together by Patti Hamil

Hello everyone!
It's time for my second post here!
I am still so excited to get to create with these awesome products! I wanted to share a layout with some handmade blooms. The two pink blooms were made with the Nesting Dies, and I mixed some regular blooms from my stash in with them. I will share how I made these blooms.


 But first I want to share the completed project. This is a page of our niece on her wedding day! I just love the fun photo capturing the excitement!





Now on to the blooms. I used the Nesting Dies (Daisy) for these blooms. I did two different sizes. You can make them the size you want, you just need 2 smaller and 3 larger. After cutting, use a sponge dabber and ink the center with a little darker ink. Also snip slightly in between each petal Next you will use your piercing tool and make a hole in the center of each. Attach them all together with a brad. Spritz really good with water. Then carefully fold each layer up toward the brad, gathering in the center. Your bloom will look like the one below. Let it dry.


Next, take your piercing tool and carefully pull apart each layer and petal. Just be careful, some sections are bunched up really tightly.

Now, once you have them separated, you can remove the brad, they will look like the ones below:


Now you can layer them and attach with the type of adhesive of your choice. I used a white glue on mine.


Here is a closeup of the finished blooms. You don't need a center, they look more natural left the way they are!



For my background, I embossed two pieces of aqua colored paper with a slight pattern with the Elegance Collection Large Damask Flourish. I also then embossed a solid lavendar paper with the Confetti folder from the Elegance Collection. I cut the lavendar into circles.

Here you see some closeups of the detail of this.




I used the adhesive foam tape to raise up the smaller embossed circles for some added dimension. I really like how the intricate patterns of the embossing folders are so visible, these are great folders!

One more look at the blooms. I hope you have enjoyed this little tip on making blooms. You can play around and get lots of different looks with this technique!!! I appreciate you stopping by!!!

Couture Creations Products used:


 
 
 


You May Also Like

12 comments

Popular Posts