Joie de Vivre by Cathi O'Neill




Hi, Cathi here! I am so excited to share my second May project for Couture Creations today! I used many doily dies, nesting dies, a decorative die and a gorgeous embossing folder to create this layout!

My main die cut is the beautiful Fantasia Irish Dreams Doily Die, appropriate one for me, living here
in Ireland! I used the Graphic 45 French Country collection for this layout and cut a doily from their blue toile paper. I also used the Fantasia Ivy Set Doily Dies, a set of two gorgeous smaller doilies and inked all of their edges with my Couture Creations sponge dauber.  I cut the Irish Dreams doily in half to use as matting under my photos of my eldest Aine (it is Irish name, pronounced on-ya) up on the hills overlooking the local lake Lough Derg.


I layered, stitched and distressed a sheet of Graphic 45 paper placing it on some Core'dinations card stock as a base. For my next layer I used the Couture Creations Fresh and Fun Large Powder Puff embossing folder. I embossed one side of the paper and turned it around and matched it up to finish embossing the long sheet of paper. I used my Couture Creations Sanding Block to bring up the blue core color and then distressed the paper with my Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink. I attached it to the layout with Couture Creations double sided tape.



 I layered several fussy cut pieces from the French Country collection and also placed my smaller doilies in these layers. I also used molding paste and a stencil on the background paper and inked over top using my  sponge dauber again with some yellow ink. I then popped my photos up using Couture Creations Foam tape to add some extra dimension.


I made two more types of flowers for this layout using the Couture Creations Daisy Nesting Dies.

My first is a layered sunflower to tie in with the Graphic 45 papers. I cut out two of the middle sized flower die. I cut several slits into each daisy petal with my Couture Creations non-stick scissors.


I then shaped the smaller petals with my Precision LED Tweezers giving them a twist to add some dimension to the flower.

I glued the two layers together and then die cut the smallest of the Daisy Nesting Dies
and embossed it with the same folder to make the flower center.



My second flower I used the second smallest Daisy Nesting Dies and did a rolled flower, cutting a spiral into the die cut and then rolling the outside of the flower towards the center, gluing the outer flower down to the base at the center of the die cut.


I used the sponge dauber again to distress the edges of the flowers and added Couture Creations self-adhesive pearls to the centers.


I arranged and glued down the flowers and added the gorgeous Endless Dreams: Longevity Decorative Die to the cluster to give a little more interest.

.
I finished off the layout with a ribbon bow and some burlap string.


Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you will share any work you do with these gorgeous dies and folders on our Facebook page!!





Couture Creations products used
CO723217 - Daisy Nesting Dies
CO723433 - Endless Dreams Longevity Decorative Die
CO723224 - Fantasia Irish Dreams Doily Die
CO723222 - Ivy Set Doily Die
CO723441 - Fresh and Fun Super Powder Puff Embossing Folder
CO723060 - Sanding Block
CO723061 - Sponge Daubers
CO721954 - Precision LED Tweezers
CO721961 - 12mm Foam Mounting Tape
CO721965 - 18mm Double Sided Tape
CO721997 - Self Adhesive Pearls



You May Also Like

8 comments

Popular Posts