My Girl by Patti Hamil


I wanted to create a page using the All Occasions collection "Happy Birthday" embossing folder and I had the perfect photos for it! Our first English Bulldog "Speckles" had the same birthday as me, so every year she got cake and a present when I did!!! She was my special girl! I wanted to use a girly and pretty paper to show the beautiful texture so I chose to use WorldWin Papers Petallics papers. They embossed beautifully!

Here is the completed page.


I started out by embossing an entire 12x12 sheet of 2 colors, I used blue and pink.
 

Since this paper is not white core, I used white ink and brushed over the top of each piece. 
 
 

Once I finished embossing the pieces I arranged them as shown below onto a piece of white
cardstock.
 


Next I used the Oval Nesting dies, next to smallest size and cut 2 of three colors of the same type of paper, I used pink, blue and lavender.
 
 

I then arranged them like balloons and attached cord for the strings. I used matching colors of Glitzin' Glamour glitter glue on each one. I then use foam tape for dimension.
 
 

I found a little multi-colored dotted ribbon and used the double sided tape and attached pieces around the two center pieces for a frame.
 
 

I added some floral accents and a butterfly for the finishing touches!

 


I added some sparkly white chippie letters for my title and some hand journaling underneath.

 
 

First I just outlined the balloons, but went back and filled them in somewhat. I liked that look better.

 

One final close-up of me with my sweet baby girl!!!



I hope you liked the page, it was a special one for me to do! Thanks so much for dropping by and please check back to see what the Design Team has next!
 
Couture Creations products used:
 
 

You May Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts