Welcome to Artdeco Creations Brand Blog! Home of Couture Creations and Ultimate Crafts

Monday, 19 August 2013

Summertime Fun by Cathi O'Neill


Hi, Cathi here with another project using my Couture Creations embossing folders and dies. I know it is wintertime in Australia, but up here in Ireland we have had a warmer summer than usual and have been enjoying it!! Aside from my alphas and the paper here, all of these are Couture Creations products!!

My layout design was inspired by a really fun layout, of a scrapping friend of mine, Maja Stokk. She used circles and carried her design across the paper and I loved the movement it created, so I asked her if I could do a layout based on her design and she agreed. You can see her great layout here!

I started by cutting out lots of ovals using my Scallop Oval and Oval Nesting Dies. I inked the edges of the oval papers with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using my Couture Creation Sponge Dauber.


For added texture I used my Core'dinations Whitewash Cardstock to cut out and emboss two of the oval with my Large Hepburn Embossing Folder.

 

I used my Couture Creations Sanding Block to bring out the design on my Core'dinations paper.


I also wanted to try cutting some felt with my Daisy Nesting Dies. I added some extra paper as a shim when I ran it through my Big Shot, and it cut just fine! I then cut a spiral into the flower die cut to make some rolled flowers, using my Couture Creations Pointy Tool to roll the flower around.


I then made some larger paper flowers with my Daisy Nesting Dies.


I used the smallest daisy die again and layered three of them together, using my Pointy Tool again to punch through the layers. To shape the flower I used a brad to hold them together, then wet the paper and scrunched the layers up to make a pretty flower. I used stamens from my stash to make the flower centers.


For my final touch I added the gorgeous Summer Dragonfly die cut. I just love dragonflies!!


I blinged mine up with Couture Creations Blue Iceberg Adhesive Gemstones.


To add a bit of dimension I used 12mm Foam Mounting Tape to attach my oval photos to their scallop oval mats. I attached all the ovals on the layout with my 18mm Double Sided Tape.

I hope you like my summery layout this month, and hope to see you sharing your work on the Couture Creations Facebook page!!!

  
Couture Creations products used


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...