Classic Vioin by Tracey Cooley

#couturecreationsaus


Hi Everyone 

Recently I was asked by my daughters school to recycle an old violin that was broken. The school wanted to do a display of instruments to inspire the students to think of music in a different way.
So I set out to make some thing beautiful and classic, that's how I see the music played by the violin. Teamed up with all those other orchestral instruments it really does make a beautiful and classic sound. I also see the violin as a very formal instrument. 
This is what I came up with. 



I first stripped the violin of its strings and features and gave it a couple of coats of black enamel paint and of course let it dry. I then restrung it with some metallic gold string. then added some laser cut stickers.
Then I hand made each flower with a Couture Creations Floral Layers Die.


I cut 6 flowers from the largest die and then shaped them as follows 


Roll the petals over the end of a paint brush or a cake skewer. Roll the first flowers petals down.
then roll one of the flowers petals upwards. Then the rest roll the petals around the skewer.
then shape them as above. 


then simply layer the flowers, adhering with hot glue as above. 
You can spray them with spray adhesive and add glitter, spritz them, make them two toned or even spray them with bleach for different effects. 
I added some Couture Creations Everyday Essentials Strawberry Leaves around my flowers for a fuller feel. 


Here is hoping that the kids at school are inspired to lay something beautiful!


Couture Creations Products used 







You May Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts