Pretty Gift Bags by Anita Enright

#couturecreationsaus

Hi Ladies,

Do you ever get caught out with not having pretty packaging for gifts?  Well I was just recently.  Two lovely ladies from my work were leaving and I wanted something different to put gifts in for them.  The gifts were small as it was jewelry and you know sometimes store bought packaging just doesn't do it.
So I made these cute little bags using the envelope punch board.  They are made from one sheet of 30x30cm paper and end up being around the size of a A6 card.


The 30x30 paper was scored firstly at 1 1/2 inches and then punched it using the top punch on he board.  I then rotated the paper 90 degrees and scored at 3 inches again punching.  Rotate again 90 degrees and repeat at 1 1/2 inches and then again at 3 inches.  Flip the paper over and repeat. By flipping and repeating your score lines should match up. The final score lines are from the 3 inch to 3 inch marks and the 1 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inch punch outs, these become the flaps.

Your paper should look like the picture below.
 


Along the score lines at the 3 inch marks trim down to the score line. Repeat on the other side of the paper.  Then, at the 1 1/2 inch marks I also cut down however this time do not cut along the score line, leave about 1/2 inch  on each side of the score lines as this is where the double sided tape goes to create the bag.
Prior to sticking the sides together the piece of paper looks like below. Fold along all your score lines.


Once joined together the box looked like this.  With a hole punch I punched two holes in the top to thread my ribbon through.



I  cut two each of the Beach Fern and Cycad Fern from the Everyday Essentials die collection.



I then selected a range of flowers and spritzed them in colours to match my papers. I also inked around my die cuts in a matching ink.



I then just decorated  the front of the bag as I liked.



 Below are a couple of close up shots of the two finished bags I created.  I can now say that both the girls thought they were beautiful.




Couture Creations Products Used

Until next time, enjoy your quiet moments crafting.

Anita E













You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts