Altered Book by Sue Smyth

#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts



Hi Bloggers
Today I am sharing another of my CHA projects.
I love an altered book, they can be so much fun to make 
and are a great decorator statement.
You can also make them useful by 
altering inside to form a journal.
Or like I do sometimes I cut all of 
the pages out and turn the inside
into a box. So I can then store things in it. 


I have altered the flowers, by wicking, 
you simply need to wet the paper 
flower first before dipping into
spray of your choice, this way the 
ink seeps up the petals for a softer look.
Magnolia Lane paper flowers are perfect for this.
Then I like to spray them with adhesive and sprinkle
with white glitter...


I have trimmed out the Magnolia Grandiflora panel
and adhered it to scrap cardstock for stability.
Then cover with Dimensional magic for 
shine and strength, and sprinkle the smallest 
amount of white glitter over top for a faint sparkle. 


I have used the gorgeous tassel die, I love this one most I think.
Cut the die from scrap cardstock or even old cereal boxes. Did you
know our dies will cut light weight chipboard?
Then, I have double embossed with gold embossing powder for
a rich full look.



Here I have die cut the leaves form green cardstock 
and then dry brushed with white gesso.
Then rub over gold paint for a neat gilded look.



Inside the book I have, glued all of the pages
together by painting the edges of the pages 
with gel medium. Then paint over 
gold paint to hide the gel medium.
I have left the front pages as is, to decorate 
with Magnolia lane papers 


Here you can see the tassel die in action again
this time I have die cut them in white cardstock.
I have covered them with Dimensional magic and 
dipped into white glitter for a classic look.
The leaves this time I have blended a 
little Victorian Velvet ink over the ends 
for a burnished look.


The Finished book!
how to create the cover, well that is a whole nother post, coming 
later!


Products Used 


Happy Crafting !












You May Also Like

6 comments

Popular Posts