Flowers in Your Hair by JULIE SCHINKEL


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  

Hi everyone! It's Julie here back on the blog today sharing another layout that I've created using the gorgeous "Bohemian Bouquet" collection from Ultimate Crafts, designed by Denise Bodey.

I've taken one of the pink/green floral patterned papers from the 12x12 paper pad to use as the base. This is one of the four beautiful colour combinations in this collection and it went perfectly with this photo of Kelly Clarkson. I've trimmed and matted my photo onto some Cherry Cola cardstock. This piece was glued to cardboard to give some dimension. I've slightly angled the photo too, something I do a lot on my projects.


I've cut out a quote from the quote sheet in the 12x12 paper pad, distressed the edges and matted onto some of the Cherry Cola cardstock.



I've die cut three flowers from the Cherry Cola carstock using the Blooming Flower Decorative Die. I've then cut three of the Classic Branch Decorative Die using Lush Green glitter paper. These were cut down and placed around the layout as shown.

 
 

 For the flower clusters I've used the Camden Beaded Cottage Flower, 3.5cm White English Roses and some 2cm White English Roses which I have sprayed to get the deep pink/red colour. Add some Lilac Glitzen Glamour to the centres of the 3.5cm Roses. I've then cut some of the pink L'Aquarelle seam binding ribbon, lightly dampened, crumpled and tied it into a bow and place it under the Cottage Flower. All other flowers are from my own stash but worked well with the colours and theme of this layout. You can always colour any Couture Creations flowers to match your projects too :)



No project of mine is complete without bling! I've randomly added some of the 2mm Crystal Gemstones, some of the Be Merry 3mm Duo Gems as well as some sequence from my stash. I've added a gem from my stash to one of the Scalloped Doily Metal Charms and adhered it to the bottom left corner of the photo to finish off the bottom cluster. 

Mix a little Anna Griffin white gesso to water, cover your photo and flick diagonally across the layout from the top left to the bottom right of the layout, focussing on the flower clusters. To finish, I've gently rubbed some Crystalina Glitzen Glamour across all flowers and blooms. It helps bring them to life and adds some extra shimmer.






PRODUCTS USED TO CREATE THS PROJECT:
Flowers and blooms
Gem and sequence



Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial.
Until next time.
Happy Crafting!




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts