Welcome to the Design Team Alicia



Hi my name is Alicia Redshaw and I live in Gladstone, Queensland, Australia. 

I am married to the most amazing man, and we have recently celebrated 25 years of love, happiness and super human teamwork. We share four beautiful and creative children aged 20, 17, 11 and 3 - who are our reason for living the life we live. 



I have been creating almost all of my life – whether it was sewing, painting, making cards, scrapbooking or anything else I could get my hands on.  

I have been Scrapbooking seriously for around 16 years, and teaching Scrapbooking and Cardmaking for over 14 years.  I am a great believer that every product should have more than one purpose, leading me to experiment with products continuously finding new uses, mixes and creative opportunities.  

I create anywhere from shabby chic to clean and simple to artsy and everything in between.  I love creating with layers and my favourite tools are cutting dies, a good pair of scissors and my Go Press & Foil Machine.  

Essentially, I will give anything creative a go!
_______________________________________________________________________________

'Beautiful' Layout by Alicia Redshaw


 Hi everyone and welcome to my first post as a Creative Team Member for the Art Deco Creations group of brands.  

I am so excited to be a part of this talented team of creative ladies, and to be working with some of my all-time favourite products; especially my number 1 love in my studio right now.....my trusty Go Press & Foil Machine!

 

I have created a layout using a photograph of our lovely little darling Amelia-Ann at the Hairdressers! 

I have used the Bohemian Bouquet Collection of papers, along with a mix of cutting dies and embellishments from several other go-to ranges released recently by Couture Creations and Ultimate Crafts.

 

I started my layout with a semi-neutral paper from the 12"x12" Bohemian Bouquet Paper Pad, the Loving Flourishes Stencil from the LÁqarelle Designs Collection, Anna Griffin Gloss Texture Paste and Couture Creations Silver Glitter.

 

I like to gather all of the embellishments, tools and papers together before creating a layout.  I then set about die-cutting, foiling, fussy-cutting and creating the handmade embellishments for my design.  As I go I try to place each item roughly where it will go, however this is never set in stone.

   

 I love to mat my photographs with colours to compliment them and to help them make sense with the paper range and embellishments I am using.  This particular pair of photographs I have treated as one by adhering them together prior to cropping.  I remove the centers from my photo-mats to save paper and reduce the final weight of my layouts - if it can't be seen it probably isn't there.

 

My next step is to add tape to the back of all of the layers of paper/card, before I put it all together and place it onto the background.  Notice that nothing is hidden behind something else - if it can't be seen it probably isn't there.

 

Now to add tape, foam and dots behind all of the embellishments - both purchased and handmade.  This just makes the final stick-down quicker, easier and smoother - allowing me to concentrate on my design.

 

The title was part of a Hot Foiled 'Life is Beautiful' Sentiment that I have fussy-cut with a 1mm border.

 

Below are some close-ups of the embellishments I have on my layout, including the flowers I created using the soon to be released C'est La Vie Collection Geraniums Layered Die Set.

 

 


PRODUCTS USED

Bohemian Bouquet Collection
ULT158030 - 12" Paper Pad 
ULT158045 - Petal Doiley Metal Charms 
ULT158049 - Blue Layered Butterfly Stickers 

Other Couture Creations Products
CO724156 - Adhesive Gemstones Crystal 2mm 
CO724280 - Tall Fourish Cutting Die 
CO724288  - English Roses (2.5cm) White
CO724289 - English Roses (2cm) White 
CO724290 - English Roses (1.5cm) White  
CO724634 - Adhesive Pearls Chiffon Cream  3mm
CO724917 - Be Merry Classic Glitter Assortment 
CO725342 - Glitter Paper Deep Blue  
CO725358 - Heat Activated Foil Blue Foil (Mirror Finish) 
CO725368 - Adhesive Pearls, Sunflower 2mm
CO725765 - Geraniums Layered Die  
CO725830 - Hot Foil Stamp 'Life is Beautiful' Sentiment  
ULT157630 - Ooh La La Collection Paper Doily Set 
ULT157646 - Liquid Drops 3D Pearls Evergreen 
ULT157799 - Loving Flourishes Stencil  
ULT200048 - French Vanilla  Cardstock

CO724868 Anna Griffin Texture Paste – Gloss Finish 



 Thanks for stopping by and thank you to the team at Couture Creations for giving me the wonderful opportunity to create on their team.

 





You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts