Seaside & Me Card with Hot Foiling by Alicia Redshaw


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  

 Hi Everyone, and welcome to my post today which is a card I have created with the soon to be released Couture Creations Seaside & Me collection.  I have used a 6x6 paper pad and Kraft A6 Cards & Envelope to create my card, along with the beautiful Silver Hot Foil that comes as a bonus when you purchase a Go, Press & Foil Machine.

   

I have kept my card design clean and simple to make the Silver Hot Foiling the hero.

 


I started by Hot Foiling the Angel Fish Hot Foil Stamp with the Silver Hot Foil onto the bottom left-hand corner of the envelope I intended to use.  You will need to use a single piece of cardstock as a shim when Hot Foiling Envelopes as they are very thin.  You will also need to make sure that as soon as you remove the envelope from the Go, Press & Foil Machine to open the envelope, or it could seal shut. 

 

It is also essential to make sure that your envelope cools fully before removing the Hot Foil sheet.

 

I think that the resulting embellished envelope speaks for itself, however I am a super fan of Hot Foiling with the Go, Press & Foil Machine.

 

My next experimental technique with the Go, Press & Foil Machine that I love using to create that extra Pop of Foil on my projects is diecutting a shape from cardstock or patterned paper (as in this case) and then Hot Foiling it with some texture.  For this card I have used the Seaside & Me Branching Coral cutting die and the Swirling Seas Hot Foil Stamp with the Silver Hot Foil that comes with the Go, Press & Foil Machine.

 

I find that Die-cutting prior to Hot Foiling gives a cleaner and less damaged finished embellishment.  As I have used patterned paper to cut the Branching Coral I have once again used a single piece of cardstock as a shim - adding the bonus of a slight emboss to the finished design.

 

I have also used the Go, Press & Foil Machine to apply the Silver Hot Foil to the chipboard banner words (which I then distressed) and another Angel Fish on patterned paper (which I also fussy-cut and matted before raising on foam tape).  I have also used some of another A6 Kraft Card that I had previously cut apart with the Scaley Embossing Folder on the front of my card.

 

Below I am going to share some linked images of the products I have used....  


                 


 Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day


 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts