Explosion Christmas box with Michelle

Hi everyone, Michelle here again for Couture Creations.


Let me start off by saying - it's starting to look a lot like Christmas in my house.



There are Christmas bits and pieces lying around everywhere and I may have sung a few wee Christmas tunes not only in my head, but out loud as well.



I know it's early but I'm one of those people that just loves Christmas.



Let me share a little more Christmas creativity with you all.



An exploding Christmas box.





All panels are decorated


and the inside ...

a gorgeous wee Christmas tree ...




Let's make the exploding box itself.



The lid ...




Cut patterned paper 2 1/4" squares for the lid of your exploding box together with strips to cover the outside of your lid.


The base ...

Looking left to right - cut away the top left hand side square and the top right hand side square on the top row.

On the bottom row cut away the bottom left hand side square and the bottom right hand side square.



Choose a selection of patterned papers from the stunning Naughty or Nice collection from Couture Creations.


Cut patterned paper squares 2 1/4" to cover each panel both front and back of the base of your exploding box.



Now choose how you want to decorate each inside panel of your exploding box.



I cut a selection of pieces of Christmas foliage [in bulk] - I have also used the bauble ornament die cuts from the ephemera pack on each wall panel, layered Christmas foliage pieces, added crafting fibres, hearts, holly and sentiments and then randomly applied Christmas snow.




Each panel ...






My middle Christmas panel on the bottom - I made a Christmas tree and I love how this turned out.  

I cut a pile of pieces of Christmas foliage and used a toothpick in the centre and layered, added more layers, more adhesive, some baubles and crafting fibres as I built up the tree layers and then I stuck on a small white bauble at the top.

I used another toothpick to add Christmas snow to my tree.





The lid ...


I made a Christmas poinsettia with foamiran - I coloured the foamiran with oil pastels.



I built up my embellishment cluster with Christmas foliage, crafting fibres, hearts, Christmas baubles and used the sentiment 'Merry Christmas' from the ephemera die cut pack.



Using a toothpick I randomly applied Christmas snow.







Couture Creations Materials:

CO726889 12 x 12 Naughty or Nice patterned paper set

CO726143 - foamiran sheets




Happy creating everyone,
Until next time
Michelle :)



  #couturecreationsaus   




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts